Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek_surprise: Yep. Another one.

After 12.5 years of ownership, I am finally putting some money into my 2wd Titan LE Crew.
I bought the truck new Feb. of 2004.
Now 90K miles later and a lot of sitting in the yard has taken its toll.
I just replaced the exhaust with all Magnaflow... It was simple because the OEM pipes were rusted almost through. So one cut and it all fell off. The header install was a bit more. But no more exhaust leaks.

OK... Wheels.
I put on Blisteins 4600 on the rear and 2" leveler on the front.
I have stock size Michelin's on all four.
I would like to go 20x9 in something black with an all terrain tires.
My truck has never been able to maneuver well on level dew coated grass. I would like a tire which can grip on a slight incline.

What wheel size and offset with what tire size should I go with?
I am not really trying to jack the truck up higher. I just want something which will fit in the wheel well and clear when I turn. When I tow, I will put the Michelin's back on.

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I don't have the time to sift through all the fluff to get to an educated answer.

Thanks for your input.

I am liking these:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is eye candy to help the decision...
The new headlights are in the back seat and I am going to carbon fiber wrap all of the chrome.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
My truck has never been able to maneuver well on level dew coated grass. I would like a tire which can grip on a slight incline.
AT tires won't fix that. I spin my tires in dry grass if I'm not careful. Good ole open differential in the back.

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I don't have the time to answer something that's been answered 100 times before.
No fluff: Stock backspacing is 5", if you keep the same backspacing any wheel that is wider than stock will stick out however far is left. Stock tires are 33x11.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... After pricing, I might be good with 18".

If anyone reading this is selling wheels and tires within 300 miles of Murphy,NC, I might be interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts