Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new 07 Texas Titan owner, I have been fighting the dealer/Nissan on the chrome versus chrome-clad wheel issue. My wheels crackle when I’m driving and Nissan has recognized the problem and still at this time there is no fix. Manufacture sticker says chrome-clad, so basically the GM of the dealer says, sorry, can’t get you the real chrome wheels. He has however offered me the following and I’m interested to know what others would do if they were in my shoes.

Option 1: keep the chrome-clad wheels and wait for a fix and then ultimately when I need new tires, they will be provided at no cost from the dealership for my troubles of basically waiting out the fix.

Option 2: They have a new 08 Titan with the newly designed wheels, 18x8 with BF Goodrich Rugged Trail TA 275/70R18 tires. NOT chrome though. Offer of a straight across the board trade my wheels and tires for these wheels and tires. I priced the current Goodyear tires on my truck and also the closest I could find on the new BF Goodrich’s (oddly enough I cannot find that tire size listed and I have even double check to make sure that was the correct size and it is) and the tires themselves seem to be a better value. (…and also solves the clicking problem!)

Option 3: Continue to work my way up the food chain with Nissan consumer affairs and “maybe” get results.

One final thought: I plan to put on aftermarket wheels anyhow, so which would fetch more buyers on ebay, the chrome-clad or these new wheels? Any offers? :)

I started a new thread for the comments, advice or opinions. For those just learning about the issue, search on "Clicking noise from Wheels 2007 Titan". (Sorry to new to post the url/link)

and finally, a picture of the newly designed wheel:

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Personally, I would go with option 2 and be done with it. I dont know much about the bfg T/A's, but from my experience they have to be an upgrade from the crappy wranglers i've had.

Since your going to resale them anyway, I think the newer style would be more appealing to a buyer versus the clad wheels that are known to be bad actors. My opinion would change though if they were the actual chrome dipped wheels that the earlier models were equipped with.

Anyway, good luck with your new truck and whatever you decide.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Option 2 , Use em up till' you don't need them . Way better than the chrome clad and they'll be on and done in ten minutes.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
given those options i would also go w/ #2. however, most people that have had the bfg rugged trails will attest to their short life. usually, 20-27k miles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am almost in the same boat. I don't even have 400 miles on my truck yet and the cracklign is bothering me to no end. I think I have an ace in the hole though. My survey should be coming any day and I will use that as leverage to get some resolution.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I would go with option 2 also. Since the 08 wheels are new and you decide to sell them, you can fetch a little more for them. As for chrome clad wheels, if you don't like them no one else will either so selling them will fetch you close to nothing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies so far guys... and Mr EatMoreChikin, good luck, I'm doing the same thing right now and it did seem to raise an eyebrow when I mentioned "Coincidently I received my survey today and will need to spend some time writing things up..."

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was looking at my window sticker and it says chrome wheels so I have chrome clad do yall think I can request for true chrome wheels?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wiscdave said:
According to the grapvine - Stealerships get bonuses based on the surveys
not most of them. its a per case basis and its not like a bonus from nissan, its normally structured into the service advisors payplan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts