Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bad wheel sensor (ABS, VDC, SLIP lights are on, 4WD doesn't engage), and I'm trying to diagnose which wheel it is. For the life of me, I can't get the electrical connectors apart to test connectivity.

Am I taking crazy pills?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,642 Posts
Push the square tab down and work apart.

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
the lighter side has the square button on it. i use a small flathead to push on them. you may also need to use another flathead to pry the connector apart.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,642 Posts
By the looks of things, it's probably packed with mud and sand. Try wetting them before trying to take them apart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If only it was that easy, I wouldn't have to post a question about it on the internet. I got one of the four apart, ruined one, and gave up before I ruined two more.
I replaced one of mine today. I agree, its not easy to work the connectors apart. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the square clip down and to also give myself a solid secure hold to the connector, and a flat head screw driver to slowly work the connectors apart.

·
Registered
223 Posts
mine were packed with crap - I used a little pb blast to blast out the crap then carefully pushed this, pinched that and got it apart

·
Registered
741 Posts
Not trying to hijack but, if a wheel sensor is bad/going bad, would the warning lights come on intermittently or would they stay on at all times? I've been having the same issue on and off for some time, but it's never been consistent enough to mess with function. I'm wondering if one of them is just loose or something. If it is just loose, and my lift is the culprit, is there a way to get longer sensors?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just had my passenger front sensor replaced yesterday. My lights came on intermittently, and even when the lights were off the ABS acted up and was not working properly. At times when pushing the break on dry pavement the ABS would kick in just for a sec or two, and would happen when the ABS light was off... nor did it come on right after that even through clearly it was malfunctioning. Then sometimes the lights would come on an stay on just driving down the highway without touching brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts