Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my stock wheels to stick out just a lil bit more once I lift my truck and was wondering what the pro's/con's of just a .5" or so spacer would be? Anyone run them?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Running them on some aftermarket Rims right now. I have not had any problem. I wouldn'tt take them Bajaing or anything. If I dodn't know they were on there I would never know the difference. You might have to get some different lug nuts because of the spacer. American Racing said is was not a problem running them,

·
Registered
686 Posts
They can put too much leverage/strain on the studs, causing them to break.
I've used longer studs and eliminated breakage problems in the past.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I'm not a big fan of spacers, but there are cases were they would be the solution to a real problem.
They can add to the leverage on the wheel bearings and hubs, but not more then a wheel with say only 4.5" backspacing...IF this is what you really need make sure they're high quality billet/machined style, not cast...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
*BUMP*

Medic, Did you find any place to get nice ones?
A lot of jeep guys are running spacers, I don't see what the big deal would be for .5", and if they are cheap, I would like a set as well.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Don't have em on my Titan, but I did have to put 1" spacers on the back of my old F350 on 46s because my new tires rubbed the leaf springs. Never had any problems. I took this truck out mudding alot and I also flipped it on the roof and the studs didn't break or anything, so I'd venture to say with .5 spacers you should be fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have more than 20k miles with no problems running 1/2" spacers on the front with the stock wheels. I did use longer studs from Moroso that are stronger than normal studs. You want to use a hub centric spacer, if not you may have vibrations like I did with a regular spacer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Those look quality OR, where did you pick them up?

Got any picks of your truck from the front with that spacing?

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
ORTitan said:
I have more than 20k miles with no problems running 1/2" spacers on the front with the stock wheels. I did use longer studs from Moroso that are stronger than normal studs. You want to use a hub centric spacer, if not you may have vibrations like I did with a regular spacer.
Those are nice there!!!! Where did they come from??? What kind of vibration were you having?

I had to use 1/4'' spacer on my front's when i installed my Brembo brakes. Also i had to buy longer wheel studs, so plan ahead and buy some if you are doing this work. I have a pair of .50'' spacers at the house if anyone on here wants to try them. PM me if so.

·
Registered
71 Posts
roy365 said:
Those are nice there!!!! Where did they come from??? What kind of vibration were you having?

Thank you for the compliments. I made the spacers myself at home (its fun to have a lathe:) ) after searching for something like them. I have since seen them from a 4x4 parts place, but I cant remember where. I my case with using a regular spacer I had a vibration in the steering wheel that changed with speed. I needed the spacer to fit the stock wheels with the CST spindles and a wide tire. Sorry I don't have a head on pic at the moment, I can try and post one later.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ORTitan said:
Thank you for the compliments. I made the spacers myself at home (its fun to have a lathe:) ) after searching for something like them. I have since seen them from a 4x4 parts place, but I cant remember where. I my case with using a regular spacer I had a vibration in the steering wheel that changed with speed. I needed the spacer to fit the stock wheels with the CST spindles and a wide tire. Sorry I don't have a head on pic at the moment, I can try and post one later.
that would be awesome as thats the exact setup i'm looking to have.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you really need them get them! I agree with most of the guys here they can be problematic.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
OR, what's the OD and neck OD of that spacer? My dad has a lathe and old bridgeport in the basement, it is just a matter of material now.
Do your CSTs affect other dimensions of the spacers, or can I just basically blatantly copy what you did there? :teethmast

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If you really need them get them! I agree with most of the guys here they can be problematic.
Excactly!
I'm running the stock Titan O/R 17" wheels and 295/70/R17 Nitto T/G's and they just clear the CST lift spindles by about 3/16"....Very close...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
any luck on the pics? i see that 4wheelparts.com has them. are these the kinda i would need? along with the stronger studs? i also found another post that menetioned the H&R adapters. anyone tried these? they sound pretty safe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry, no pics yet. The Titan is at the Airport parking and wont be back until next week. The spacers I saw at 4wheelparts were not the hubcentric type....Do you have a link to what you were looking at?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts