Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rough country has some 1.5" 6x5.5" wheel spacers for $69 a pair. They are listed for a GM 1500. Will they work for us too? I keep seeing the word hubcentric and I have no idea what it means. It probably means Nissan won't work...starting to see a trend here.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Rough country has some 1.5" 6x5.5" wheel spacers for $69 a pair. They are listed for a GM 1500. Will they work for us too? I keep seeing the word hubcentric and I have no idea what it means. It probably means Nissan won't work...starting to see a trend here.
Hubcentric means the wheel is centered to the hub, as oppossed to lugcentric which means the wheel is centered by the lugs and conical ended lug nuts (theoretically).
I dont have any experience with the spacers though...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Wheel spacers are a bad idea. They put undo stress on the the wheel bearings as well as the lugnut studs. You would be better off saving up for rims with the proper back spacing.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That clears it up some. So, Titans are hubcentric?...I guess that is why 4 wheel parts was complaining about my powdercoating being too thick and not allowing the wheel to center correctly. I need to go outside and jack this thing up and try to learn something. I look for answers by pulling my IPhone out of my pocket and starting a thread instead of going outside and breaking out the dusty ole jack.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
That clears it up some. So, Titans are hubcentric?
It's not the vehicle thats Hubcentric or not, its the spacers. If you are not gonna heed my advice make sure you buy hubcentric spacers. When your wheel bearings fail prematurely and you snap some studs you'll know why. By shifting the weight out further from the hub you put undo stress on areas that are not designed for it. Good luck to you and i hope you don't ingnore this post too.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheel spacers are a bad idea. They put undo stress on the the wheel bearings as well as the lugnut studs. You would be better off saving up for rims with the proper back spacing.
Not being arrogant, but I don't need to save up for rims...I have lots of credit cards. Ha ha...I like the look of my factory ones. I didn't keep them to save money. But, after the lift, they look a little tucked in. I want to widen the track a little (1"-1.5").

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
That clears it up some. So, Titans are hubcentric?...I guess that is why 4 wheel parts was complaining about my powdercoating being too thick and not allowing the wheel to center correctly. I need to go outside and jack this thing up and try to learn something. I look for answers by pulling my IPhone out of my pocket and starting a thread instead of going outside and breaking out the dusty ole jack.
Yeah, you're awfully lazy. I think you should be temporarily banned until you've learned something :thedevil:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not being arrogant, but I don't need to save up for rims...I have lots of credit cards. Ha ha...I like the look of my factory ones. I didn't keep them to save money. But, after the lift, they look a little tucked in. I want to widen the track a little (1"-1.5").
I meant no disrespect on your ability to buy rims. Most of the time, people resort to spacers because of the lack of money for new rims with the proper spacing. I also wanted you to be aware that they do add stress to other areas that would not normally be there. When it comes down to it, you are gonna do what you want with your truck. Just be safe in doing it.

Reactions: Pro4Jackster

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I think the guy is just trying to cyber bully me because we are having words in another thread. Ha ha.
I doubt it... He's right and speaking from a mechanic's point of view... I totally agree with him but I'm too cheap to go out and drop another $1200 on new wheels. :lol:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not to be pi$$'n on your spacer thread but i really have no beef with you on the other thread either. Its freak'n 16 degrees outside today and i'm off work. The windchill makes it about -2 and i think someone pi$$ed in my Wheaties.

·
Registered
865 Posts
same with mine...especially since I have the ionic fenders so either I get the mid travel kit from prg or get 1.5" wheel adapters for an easy fix lol check out this website

WheelAdapter.com > Nissan Wheel Spacers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts