Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find a better place to post this one...has anyone ever reshaped their wheel well liners after performing the PWM? Bought a heat gun today and will be doing the PWM next weekend (Pro Comp kit and 35's went on a week ago) and would like to keep the liners after the PWM but need to reshape them a bit to keep the tires from rubbing. Any tips from anyone who's done this before?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I put 295/60/20 Nitto Grapplers on stock 20 inch rims and did the PWM and used a heat gun and a 2X4 to reshape the inner liner.

Turn the wheel full lock to see where the wheel hits and mark with sharpie. Take the wheel off and heat the liner until it is soft. Use the 2X4 to press and hold the section until it cools. You have to do it in stages, so you don't tear through the liner. My buddy used a blow torch and a putty knife, but he was really careful.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm about to do the same thing. The drivers side would be easy to do with the 2X4 method. However, on the passenger side their is a metal plate behind the liner that is pop-riveted in. I thought about taking it off and either bending it or cut it off (where the wheel rubs) and pop rivet it back and then use the heat gun to form it. We'll see how it goes. Did anyone else do anything different on that side?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
OK what is the pwm, i know it stands for pinch weld mod, but what are u pinching and welding and different things, i have tried searching this before but i come to see no pics of it or what everyone is talking about.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
OK what is the pwm, i know it stands for pinch weld mod, but what are u pinching and welding and different things, i have tried searching this before but i come to see no pics of it or what everyone is talking about.
Ditto on this questione...been tryingto figure out what this is too? :)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Ditto on this questione...been tryingto figure out what this is too? :)
There is a link in my sig that shows it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts