Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taking a few friends up to Gorman for some wheeling. Who want's in? Probably going to leave before dawn to get in early. There *might* be snow, which would make for some great photo ops! I'm bringing my Nikon DSLR so I can get some good pix.

First on the agenda will be to hit the 4WD only area and warm up there. Gonna flex the Wagon out to see what she can do before I hit the trails.

Bring enough FOOD and WATER for yourself (and guest if applicable). We all should be self sufficient. Also bring whatever recovery gear and tools you think you might need or have. I will be bringing a lot of stuff, so we should be OK if carnage occurs, but you never know...

Add yourself to the list if you want in:

1. Casey (Power Wagon) recovery rig
2. John (FJ) Sacrificial Lamb
3. Rey (Cherokee) Beater rig
4. Tony (Tacoma) Newbie

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump it up!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hmm...I'll have to think about this. My buddy and I are doing a Cleghorn run on Thanksgiving morning. Maybe I'll go again the day after?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm...I'll have to think about this. My buddy and I are doing a Cleghorn run on Thanksgiving morning. Maybe I'll go again the day after?
Cleghorn might be a little dull now. From what I have heard, all the off shoots (the fun parts) have been closed off thanks to environmentalists. They were never part of the fire road.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Cleghorn might be a little dull now. From what I have heard, all the off shoots (the fun parts) have been closed off thanks to environmentalists. They were never part of the fire road.
Dang. I really hope this isn't true.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
wish i could go... gotta work. whoa Casey... just noticed 2010 ram power wagon. parted ways with the titan finally? that sucks but i suppose the power wagon is kicking @ss? congrats man!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Well, I'm out. Decided to go boarding tomorrow. Went to Cleghorn today though, some good stuff.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm out. Decided to go boarding tomorrow. Went to Cleghorn today though, some good stuff.
Were the off shoots closed off like I was told?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wish i could go... gotta work. whoa Casey... just noticed 2010 ram power wagon. parted ways with the titan finally? that sucks but i suppose the power wagon is kicking @ss? congrats man!
I had no choice to let her go. The cost of a custom engineered SAS (to keep the ABS) would have cost more than I paid for the Wagon. It really was a no brainer. I'll probably buy another Titan one day, but a street demon this time. Now that there's a rear end available... :teethmast

For those interested. We are headed out now, gonna meet up at the Chevron off the 210 freeway, Myrtle exit. Probably going to be in the 4x4 area in gorman, next to the Sterling camp ground (I think), for a while when we get there so I can work the bugs out of the Wagon.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Were the off shoots closed off like I was told?
Yeah, some were but not all. There was only one really gnarly one that was closed off, but my buddy went anyway in his Jeep. Park rangers got mad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts