Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just posting a picture of my truck with everything installed. I know I was wondering what everything would look like before I made the purchase. Hopefully this will help someone out. I got the 3” rough country lift. The tires are 305/55/20 Cooper STT Pros. The wheels are Fuel Maverick 20x10 with a -12 offset. They had to trim some on the front and that was it. Everything came out very good such as the alignment.

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
1,394 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wow! Looks great! I wasn't wanting to convert my new 4WD into a lifted off-road looking 4x4 but yours looks great, and now dammit you've got me thinkin'! :paranoid:

Mind saying where you got the wheels / tires and cost?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you happen to have a before and after side by side we could see??
Looks great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you happen to have a before and after side by side we could see??
Looks great!
I have the same kit but with some KO2's that are the same size as the stock General Grabber (275/70/R18) tires on this trim. Hope this helps, and nice looking truck Titanman01, wheels look great.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the same kit but with some KO2's that are the same size as the stock General Grabber (275/70/R18) tires on this trim. Hope this helps, and nice looking truck Titanman01, wheels look great.
So you have the stock wheels/tires (basically)? Do you know the height from the ground to the very top of the truck? I'm sure it's simple math but I wanted to do exactly this, 3in lift with the stock wheels/tires (for now) and I'm so close to the top of my garage as is, I think any lift is going to cause issues getting it in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love it!

Can you comment on if the ride quality has changed?

I want to do about the same as you did, but i love how my truck rides currently.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
So you have the stock wheels/tires (basically)? Do you know the height from the ground to the very top of the truck? I'm sure it's simple math but I wanted to do exactly this, 3in lift with the stock wheels/tires (for now) and I'm so close to the top of my garage as is, I think any lift is going to cause issues getting it in.
Sorry for the late feed back, I don't have the measurements from the bottom to top of the truck and if I get a chance ill try to get it done. As far as ride quality, It has changed a bit because it is lifted but not enough for me to care. It rides more like a truck but I knew that going into it and its not a bad ride as long as you know its limits and don't plan on off roading all the time. I hit a dirt road every now and then but nothing crazy here in Texas.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry for the late feed back, I don't have the measurements from the bottom to top of the truck and if I get a chance ill try to get it done. As far as ride quality, It has changed a bit because it is lifted but not enough for me to care. It rides more like a truck but I knew that going into it and its not a bad ride as long as you know its limits and don't plan on off roading all the time. I hit a dirt road every now and then but nothing crazy here in Texas.

Looking good....I wanna know the Height to the Top of the Truck as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2017 Pro4x. I have p275/70R18 tires. When I plug those into a tire size calculator, the tires are 33.2" tall and 10.8" wide. I would like to get a taller tire on the truck. I was looking at the Rough Country 3" bolt-on lift kit (3in Bolt-On Kit for 04-17 Nissan 2wd/4wd Titan Pickup | Rough Country Suspension Systems®) so I could get bigger tires, but the Rough Country instructions lists the largest tire is 33" tall and 12.5" wide. That seems weird, because that means with a 3" lift I have to keep the same tire height.

Questions:
Has anyone tried a taller tire with the Rough Country 3" lift?
What is the widest tire I can get on the factory Pro4X rims? I was thinking 285/70R18, which would be 33.7" tall and 11.2" wide. Or 34X12.5R18.
What is the widest and largest tire you can run with the 3" RC lift without any trimming required?

Please share your experiences...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Okay, I have installed the Rough Country 3" lift kit. I still have my factory tires, which are p275/70R18. You can see from the pictures that I can fit a much larger tire now. Especially when I remove the plastic mud flaps.

I will replace the tires until the Fall because I still have good tread on these. I just wanted to share the lift from the kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just put the RC 3in lift kit on my 17 titan and love the ride. The stock ride was way to mushy. In my opinion it improved the ride.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did the 3” RC with UCAs and love it so far. It turned out just how I wanted. Went with 20x10 with -12 and 295/55/20s with a little rubbing and trimming. I have a 17 Pro4x.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I installed the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They are about 34.5" tall and 11.5" wide. The size is 295/70-18.

I had to trim the back of the front mud flaps just a bit to prevent any rubbing.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They are about 34.5" tall and 11.5" wide. The size is 295/70-18.

I had to trim the back of the front mud flaps just a bit to prevent any rubbing.
Could you post pics of where you trimmed the mud flaps?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts