Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Could you post pics of where you trimmed the mud flaps?
I am not sure if you can tell from the pictures. I trimmed the plastic back to the metal lip on the wheel well opening. I may at some point find a clean way to bend that metal lip away more so I have more clearance. Then I will need to trim the plastic guards back more.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could you post pics of where you trimmed the mud flaps?
I am not sure if you can tell from the pictures. I trimmed the plastic back to the metal lip on the wheel well opening. I may at some point find a clean way to bend that metal lip away more so I have more clearance. Then I will need to trim the plastic guards back more.
Interesting. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I finally got my Rough Country 3 inch lift installed. Instructions were good but they didn't mention that I had to compress the strut and turn it 180 degrees to get it to fit back in place after adding the spacer to the top. They also told me the stock Bilsteins would be fine. Well they are to short so I have to hunt around now and get shocks that are at least 3 inches longer. But over all it went fine and I do like the way it sits now. You can see the before and after pics. Posted this in General form but thought it would be better here as I have some questions I want to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I did the 3” RC with UCAs and love it so far. It turned out just how I wanted. Went with 20x1 with -12 and 295/55/20s with a little rubbing and trimming. I have a 17 Pro4x.
that's a good looking truck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I finally got my Rough Country 3 inch lift installed. Instructions were good but they didn't mention that I had to compress the strut and turn it 180 degrees to get it to fit back in place after adding the spacer to the top. They also told me the stock Bilsteins would be fine. Well they are to short so I have to hunt around now and get shocks that are at least 3 inches longer. But over all it went fine and I do like the way it sits now. You can see the before and after pics. Posted this in General form but thought it would be better here as I have some questions I want to ask.
Very interesting ? I also have the 3"RC on an 18 P4X and didn't have to compress or turn the strut. My shocks are fine as well. That's crazy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your right, I think we could of got the spring back in but it would of had to much side pressure on it for my liking so turning it made it drop right in. My shocks are Bilstein are yours? With my truck on the ground and bottom of the shock removed and extended I have one inch below the shock mount. So 1 inch of travel before full extension, also it is banging the odd time on a dirt road,Fine on the smooth paved roads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your right, I think we could of got the spring back in but it would of had to much side pressure on it for my liking so turning it made it drop right in. My shocks are Bilstein are yours? With my truck on the ground and bottom of the shock removed and extended I have one inch below the shock mount. So 1 inch of travel before full extension, also it is banging the odd time on a dirt road,Fine on the smooth paved roads.
Yeah I'll admit I haven't tested how much extra play I have, they might be about maxed out. But I have a very easy 5 mile roundtrip commute from my house to work here in Denver. But I have taken it in the mud, nothing major, and didn't notice anything.

Reinstalling the strut was surprisingly the easiest part of the install lol, guess I just got lucky.

The biggest problem I had was not having a press for those studs on the extension. Just cranked them lightly with an impact. Bad idea, some of them stripped, so had to replace with regular bolts. My own dumb fault. But hasn't caused any problems yet.

Another concern I had was the instructions mentioned all this grinding/cutting. Said it was required. I didn't do it at all, and have zero contact with UCA. Very strange, maybe I just got lucky.

And yeah whichever bilsteins come with the Pro4x

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had to grind mine not a big deal, I used a punch to set those upper bolts, and as far as the shocks go Mine were fine on the paved roads but not on a bumpy road. Rough Country told me they always suggest longer shocks, but they told me I didn't need them in chat. Well that was wrong, so I got a hold of them and told them I wasn't happy about that so they dropped the price in half for the proper N3 shocks and I should receive them tomorrow according to UPS. So I thought that was good of them to do that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very cool. Hoping it holds up for a while. I don't understand all the hate for RC. I've never had a problem with them, hoping that continues with this truck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Very cool. Hoping it holds up for a while. I don't understand all the hate for RC. I've never had a problem with them, hoping that continues with this truck.
No hate at all for RC they were good to me with the new shocks. Just thought the Chat guy should of said to buy the new shocks. The second chat rep said he always suggests new shocks. just a little contradictory thats all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Received the new N3 shocks today will put them on tomorrow hopefully they ride as good as the Bilsteins do. Will let you know how it rides tomorrow.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Received the new N3 shocks today will put them on tomorrow hopefully they ride as good as the Bilsteins do. Will let you know how it rides tomorrow.
Shocks installed and the ride is the same, don't notice any difference than with the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Anyone else do anymore tires on their 3 inch lift from RC? the weather is getting nice up here so I am itching to upgrade to maybe 34 inch ko2 on the stock 18 inch rims. Any one go that large with 18" without trimming ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone else do anymore tires on their 3 inch lift from RC? the weather is getting nice up here so I am itching to upgrade to maybe 34 inch ko2 on the stock 18 inch rims. Any one go that large with 18" without trimming ?
Went with Fuel Pump 20x9 +20mm wheels and 275/65R20 (34.1”) Nitto Ridge Grappler tires on ‘17 Pro4X with RC 3” lift. Had to do the PWM though, piece of cake and no more rub.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 75 Posts