Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks bigstuf. So what I am trying to find out though is the biggest I can go on 18 inch stock wheels without any trimming. I am thinking 34 may fit being I have the 18 inch wheels, anyone try 34's on 18 inch wheels ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
One other thing is a 20 inch wheel actually 2 inches higher than an 18 inch wheel? Now I am talking diameter I realize the 2 inches is actually only 1 inch in height. If it is 2 inches that give me some wiggle room with the 18's without trimming plastic.

·
Registered
220 Posts
One other thing is a 20 inch wheel actually 2 inches higher than an 18 inch wheel? Now I am talking diameter I realize the 2 inches is actually only 1 inch in height. If it is 2 inches that give me some wiggle room with the 18's.
It's exactly a 2" larger diameter so yes its 2" taller than an 18" wheel. However, where the ACTUAL truck height ends up will vary on tire size of course.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So if some of you are using 34" tires on 20 rims and require some mild trimming,would I be ok in my thinking that a 34 on 18 " rims should fit ok without any trimming correct? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
695 Posts
So if some of you are using 34" tires on 20 rims and require some mild trimming,would I be ok in my thinking that a 34 on 18 " rims should fit ok without any trimming correct? Any thoughts?

No trimming at all even with a leveling kit bro.

I ran some 34x11x18 tires with no issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great that is what I am looking to hear Thanks KappaSutra . Anyone else have experience with 18's and 34's

·
Registered
695 Posts
Great that is what I am looking to hear Thanks KappaSutra . Anyone else have experience with 18's and 34's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: slyfur1

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't want to beat a dead horse, but the only tires I can get in KO2 bf Goodrich is 35x12.5x18 Those are 34.5 inches. Anyone put 34.5" on 18" wheels on there 3" RC kit? KappaSutra would you actual know the diameter of the 34 you installed? I just want to make sure the 35's will fit. Thanks.Also KappaSutra tried to send you a pm but your mail box is full.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Put my 305/65/18 on my 2018 pro4x with a 3 inch RC lif,t all went great. Did try 12.50/65 /18 but they were hitting the mud flap on a full turn so decided to just go with the 305's they were .8 of an ich smaller but didn't touch so said the hell with trimming the flap.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Put my 305/65/18 on my 2018 pro4x with a 3 inch RC lif,t all went great. Did try 12.50/65 /18 but they were hitting the mud flap on a full turn so decided to just go with the 305's they were .8 of an ich smaller but didn't touch so said the hell with trimming the flap.
Looks great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just like how it fills in the wheel wells with my stock wheels
bigtank06,

i have the same exact truck and was wanting to keep the stock wheels and just add the A/T with a lift, do you have any rubbing issues since you've done the lift? do you feel like the truck rides better after the lift? thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
bigtank06,

i have the same exact truck and was wanting to keep the stock wheels and just add the A/T with a lift, do you have any rubbing issues since you've done the lift? do you feel like the truck rides better after the lift? thanks

I have the 3inch front and 1 inch rear on 295 65 20 MT Toyo tires yes I has to trim I had to cut the edge of the bumper I made the cut to where is not even noticeable and had to take a razor blade to the mud flaps but just because of the size of tire is a 35.1 but if you do a 275 65 20 you should be fine

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
bigtank06,

Oh yeah and about how it rides I don't feel much difference on the ride quality and truck still has good take offs and acceleration overall really happy with results and have gotten a lot of compliments on the truck

·
Registered
126 Posts
No rubbing issues at all with the a305 65 18 and did no trimming but that is as big as I could go 33.8 height. I tried 35's on it 34.5 height but was rubbing

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the 3inch front and 1 inch rear on 295 65 20 MT Toyo tires yes I has to trim I had to cut the edge of the bumper I made the cut to where is not even noticeable and had to take a razor blade to the mud flaps but just because of the size of tire is a 35.1 but if you do a 275 65 20 you should be fine
sorry for the late response bigtank06,

truck looks great! i am going to do the same setup as you did and i will post when i do! thanks for your input!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Decided to go big on my 2019 Titan pro4x! 6in fabtech basic lift with 35x12.5r22. Removed the mud flaps and minor trimming/cutting.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 75 Posts