Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is weird but its happening every time I launch my boat. My trailer lights never stop working but for some reason I blow the 10 amp fuse on my cd player (OEM) every time I back up my boat trailer/boat in the water.

Does anyone know if there is some wiring back there getting wet that's somehow tied into my radio. It's really weird and its getting annoying having to have a pack of fuses in the glove box just for going to the lake.

·
Registered
454 Posts
unplug your lights before you back it into the water, thats what i have always done...
Ditto. Saves your trailer lights from blowing out too soon and prevents any shorts from water intrusion reaching the truck.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I'm sure unplugging the lights is a good idea, but I have never unplugged my lights and have never blown a fuse!

Wish I could be more help, but that is weird!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Side note, always unplug lights when backing trailer into water especially saltwater. The current thru the system will cause electrolysis pretty fast and rust will occur faster.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
check for rust on the wires where the lights go in the water.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah the lights are new and waterproof. I just find it odd and annoying, but I'll just start unhooking the lights before I launch.

I'm just afraid I'll end up forgetting to hook them back up, get a few miles down the road after a couple beers on the lake and get pulled over for no trailer lights.

Would make for a ****ty evening.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
yeah the lights are new and waterproof. I just find it odd and annoying, but I'll just start unhooking the lights before I launch.

I'm just afraid I'll end up forgetting to hook them back up, get a few miles down the road after a couple beers on the lake and get pulled over for no trailer lights.

Would make for a ****ty evening.
No one should drink and drive anyway. ..I too have family on the road.

Reactions: HemiETR

·
Registered
454 Posts
Remember the plug! :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
The only thing thats remotely tied to the radio back there (lol) is the dimmer light control. It still makes 0 sense why it would do that too. I've dropped a boat in twice, had the rear end submerged over the bumper (nice concrete ramp) and never had an issue

I did blow the 12v socket fuses and eventually the socket itself for no real reason though.. never figured it out and just ended up bypassing that circuit altogether

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That'd be the only complaint I have with the Titan. The fuses on my outlets and radio seem to blow to often. My outlet quit working and Nissan had to pull the entire dash to replace something on the firewall that went bad. They said if I weren't under warranty it would have been a $400+ fix. Which I would have passed on and wired myself.

·
Registered
600 Posts
ALWAYS unplug your lights......My brother burnt up his Bronco's wire harness because he did not unplug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts