Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
i guess if i can't get the nissan dealer to get me close to pay off i will try the dodge dealer and if that don't work i'll sell private and just drive one of my other rigs till nissan has another good rebate deal. i'm in no hurry.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm curious as to why you would lift the truck and spend money on all this aftermarket stuff when you're upside down in it? Why wouldn't you put that money towards paying it off, instead of trying to look good?

fastcrazyhurt said:
i own a chevy not a titan and a new one at a good deal like mine would cost well over 45k

My truck listed right at $40k sticker and that is stock, no lift, tires, aftermarket stereo to make it lose value. I was only offered $25k for trade in. Sorry, I did not pay attention and see that you had a diesel, you will probably get better resale for that, but now is not a good time for resale of trucks. You will probably take a bath no matter what you are trading in. No dealer will give you what it is valued at, if you go to Nissan or Dodge they will try to make you feel like you are getting a deal because of the rebates. Good luck, I hope you are able to get a Titan, you will not be dissapointed.

Megw3788 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm curious as to why you would lift the truck and spend money on all this aftermarket stuff when you're upside down in it? Why wouldn't you put that money towards paying it off, instead of trying to look good?
My guess would be that he wanted it to look good WHILE he was paying for it. What's wrong with that? You're not supposed to mod your truck for, depending on your loan length, 2 to 5 years? I know Suzie Ormond may disagree but hey....she's loaded....lol.

HudsonValleyTitan said:
My guess would be that he wanted it to look good WHILE he was paying for it. What's wrong with that? You're not supposed to mod your truck for, depending on your loan length, 2 to 5 years? I know Suzie Ormond may disagree but hey....she's loaded....lol.
Didn't say you're not supposed to mod the truck, I just asked why he did it when he was UPSIDE DOWN in the truck. I understand most people want to mod their rides and can't afford to pay them off right away, I just wanted to know why someone would spend money on mods when they owe more on the vehicle than it's worth is all. It doesn't make sense to put yourself in a bad financial situation so you can look cool, does it?:rolleyes:

JCollins28 said:
I think I will pick up my Titan tomorrow. 23,841 out the door for a CC 4x2 short bed. SE with bed liner, bed extender and splash guards. Does this sound on par with some of the deals you guys have been getting?
If the sticker is $31k+, I'd say that's a good deal. Here in KC, the dealer where I bought my truck is willing to discount ~$10k off sticker for new Titans with an MSRP of $35k or more.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
when you have a 0% loan i figure i might as well spend money on making it look good since i can afford the payment and i'm not upside down anyways. i think you need to start reading from page one. if i sell my truck at kbb private party price and throw in all the extras i could pay it off. kbb trade in price would be upside down but trade in prices are BS anyways. i might as well mention i buy a new rig every year for the last 7 yrs. i know the process although i usually buy dodge or chevy becuase Dave smith motors always sells truck so cheap that it makes it easy. and i know from my first 2 trades that you usually get ripped but the last two trades i made i got the payoff. if i make payments on a new truck for a year or two then can trade for payoff i figure that a good deal. right know on traeronline or crigslist my truck stock and not as loaded is selling for 38k i only need 38k to pay mine off and it has a lift and chip screens blah blah sure i lose the money i have into but i figure that i can just get the new better stuff anyways.

Megw3788 said:
Didn't say you're not supposed to mod the truck, I just asked why he did it when he was UPSIDE DOWN in the truck. I understand most people want to mod their rides and can't afford to pay them off right away, I just wanted to know why someone would spend money on mods when they owe more on the vehicle than it's worth is all. It doesn't make sense to put yourself in a bad financial situation so you can look cool, does it?:rolleyes:
Anyone who buys a vehicle and mods it right away, unless they paid cash for it or put a big chunk of change down on it, is in that same situation where they own more than it's worth. I'm not one for mods myself but other than the situations above, everyone's upside down for the first year or two.

HudsonValleyTitan said:
Anyone who buys a vehicle and mods it right away, unless they paid cash for it or put a big chunk of change down on it, is in that same situation where they own more than it's worth. I'm not one for mods myself but other than the situations above, everyone's upside down for the first year or two.
You still thinking about trading HVT?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.