Nissan Titan Forum banner

whens the best time to buy a titan?

4K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  orangepeel 
#1 ·
i currently have a 2006 chevy duramax 2500 and am looking at getting a titan so i can reduce my veichle payment. i noticed right now nissan has a 0.9% for 60mo. and 1.9% for 72mo. financing or $5k rebate. seems like a good time to buy. i am curious though at what time last year did they do the $8k rebate and if there is usually better incentives later on. i could wait. thanks for the response ahead of time seems to be a good forum with a wealth of info. also is a loaded 2008 le 4x4 crew sb for 34k otd a good deal?

#2 ·
Do not pay more than $10k under sticker. That is not a bad price if it is completely loaded, nav, sunroof etc.

#5 ·
$5K is for 2008 only not 2008.5
This is about the best deal you'll get as once they are gone you can't be sure how long or if the 2008.5 will take to get the larger rebate.

Clint

#6 ·
I bought my 08 in end of October. They had $5250 rebate and dealer discount was $4250 ($9500 below sticker). It was 08 SE CC 4X4 LWB. The truck had extra stuff like Hitch, Running boards, Upholstrey treatment, wheel locks, pin strip etc. I told him to take all that off because I don't want it. So he said he'll give all that for $500 bucks. I know here they are giving good deals on Titans for left over 08's since 8.5's are in.
Good Luck

#7 ·
5K is the lowest Nissan has ever putout on the CC. I wouldn't wait too long cuz the rabte could drop and you will be kicking yourself for not getting it. You be seeing any 8k rebates from Nissan.

#9 ·
what does upside down trade mean? i want to trade but have to get my truck paid off. what are the difference between 2008 and 2008.5? i have till jan. 2nd for the deals to come to an end so i could try selling for a couple weeks but then there maybe no more 2008s left.

#10 ·
fastcrazyhurt said:
what does upside down trade mean? i want to trade but have to get my truck paid off. what are the difference between 2008 and 2008.5? i have till jan. 2nd for the deals to come to an end so i could try selling for a couple weeks but then there maybe no more 2008s left.
Being upside down is where you owe more than you get for trade in on a vehicle and you roll the negative amount into the new car lown.

#12 ·
ya trade in value is 31500 private party value is 36000 and retail value is 39500 and i owe 38000. but it has a cognito 7-9in lift with all the extras and dvd etc. with 22s on 35in tires and a bull dog outlook w/pod chip. i think i should be able to get close to 38k since they will probably sell it for 40k

#13 ·
Usually dealers dont give you crap for aftermarket. Best bet would be sell private party or strip it down and trade it and sell the parts yourself. I guess you could get lucky at the stealership. Goodluck.

#14 ·
I think I will pick up my Titan tomorrow. 23,841 out the door for a CC 4x2 short bed. SE with bed liner, bed extender and splash guards. Does this sound on par with some of the deals you guys have been getting?

#17 ·
JCollins28 said:
I think I will pick up my Titan tomorrow. 23,841 out the door for a CC 4x2 short bed. SE with bed liner, bed extender and splash guards. Does this sound on par with some of the deals you guys have been getting?

I don't know bro. When I bought my truck I paid $328 under invoice. But that is from Advantage Nissan in Bremerton, Washington. Not to sure if the cost for things is higher down in Cali.

#19 ·
fastcrazyhurt said:
ya trade in value is 31500 private party value is 36000 and retail value is 39500 and i owe 38000. but it has a cognito 7-9in lift with all the extras and dvd etc. with 22s on 35in tires and a bull dog outlook w/pod chip. i think i should be able to get close to 38k since they will probably sell it for 40k

You will probably get more for you truck if you restore it completely to stock than with all of the aftermarket stuff. If you get $38k for your truck, find out if he has a brother, I will sell him my Titan and go buy an 08, and go on a cruise with the extra $. I will be suprised if the dealer offers you more than $26k. I have an 07 LE with 3k miles and I can only get $25k for trade in.

#20 ·
Just think about it, a dealer will have a hard time selling a used truck for more than someone can get a new one for. Not to try to dissapoint you, but I do not want you to get too excited. How do you still owe $38k for a Titan?

#24 · (Edited)
fastcrazyhurt said:
i own a chevy not a titan and a new one at a good deal like mine would cost well over 45k

My truck listed right at $40k sticker and that is stock, no lift, tires, aftermarket stereo to make it lose value. I was only offered $25k for trade in. Sorry, I did not pay attention and see that you had a diesel, you will probably get better resale for that, but now is not a good time for resale of trucks. You will probably take a bath no matter what you are trading in. No dealer will give you what it is valued at, if you go to Nissan or Dodge they will try to make you feel like you are getting a deal because of the rebates. Good luck, I hope you are able to get a Titan, you will not be dissapointed.

#25 ·
Megw3788 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm curious as to why you would lift the truck and spend money on all this aftermarket stuff when you're upside down in it? Why wouldn't you put that money towards paying it off, instead of trying to look good?
My guess would be that he wanted it to look good WHILE he was paying for it. What's wrong with that? You're not supposed to mod your truck for, depending on your loan length, 2 to 5 years? I know Suzie Ormond may disagree but hey....she's loaded....lol.

#26 ·
HudsonValleyTitan said:
My guess would be that he wanted it to look good WHILE he was paying for it. What's wrong with that? You're not supposed to mod your truck for, depending on your loan length, 2 to 5 years? I know Suzie Ormond may disagree but hey....she's loaded....lol.
Didn't say you're not supposed to mod the truck, I just asked why he did it when he was UPSIDE DOWN in the truck. I understand most people want to mod their rides and can't afford to pay them off right away, I just wanted to know why someone would spend money on mods when they owe more on the vehicle than it's worth is all. It doesn't make sense to put yourself in a bad financial situation so you can look cool, does it?:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.