Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering where could I get some new headlights for fairly cheap? I have checked ebay and they mostly have OEM and projector type, I dont want either one of those. Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Cheap headlights = crappy headlights. The only replacement headlights I would put on my truck would be OEM housings retrofitted with projectors. OEM housings are much higher quality than any of the crap you will find in the aftermarket. If you want a different look, try the headlight mod on your OEM housings.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheap headlights = crappy headlights. The only replacement headlights I would put on my truck would be OEM housings retrofitted with projectors. OEM housings are much higher quality than any of the crap you will find in the aftermarket. If you want a different look, try the headlight mod on your OEM housings.
Well I like my OEM headlights but they are getting a ton of moisture in them. What is the headlight mod on my OEM housings?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Use the search feature. Sounds like your OEM headlights might need re-sealing. If you are doing the headlight mod, you will be re-sealing them at the same time, so that might not be a bad idea. Headlight mod is basically painting inside the housings I believe to give a different look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is there a way to take the original headlights apart and re-seal them?? If so then thats what I'll prob do!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
So is there a way to take the original headlights apart and re-seal them?? If so then thats what I'll prob do!
Yeah, you bake them in the oven to take them apart. There are a few threads with detailed instructions. I have never done it myself, so you should do some reasearch in older threads before you do it. Some people also just drill a little hole in the bottom to vent the moisture, but that's not exactly a fix. It does get rid of water though, but more comes in, and then goes away.... it's a neverending cycle :) It's definitely better to just re-seal them or buy some used ones. I saw a guy selling stock ones for $65 earlier this week on the forum.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Hey

I have 2 mint condition stock headlights...$300 shipped and come with 10000k HID high beam conversion kit
Pm me if interested!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts