Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish they would give me one then when my parts break I would have the part to replace it. anyone know of some inexpencive aftermarket front roters that last longer than 25k?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Are you saying your stock ones didnt last that long?? I had 64000 miles on the rotors on mine. Are you driving with 2 feet or something??

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be on my 2nd set of breaks I am sure the roters are warped again. 1st at 25k 2nd at 45k. I did not own the truck the first time but it was covered under the break fix warenty and now they will not fix them. The guy I bought my bumper from took it off his titan because his rear end went out so much that nissan had to buy it back. I know how to drive I guess there is just some bad breaks out there.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
4wheelpeel said:
I will be on my 2nd set of breaks I am sure the roters are warped again. 1st at 25k 2nd at 45k. I did not own the truck the first time but it was covered under the break fix warenty and now they will not fix them. The guy I bought my bumper from took it off his titan because his rear end went out so much that nissan had to buy it back. I know how to drive I guess there is just some bad breaks out there.
DOes your Titan have the Brake fix?? You shouldnt be warping brakes with the brake fix!

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
^^Beat me to it! I have about 40k on the brake fix, and still have perfect rotors and the pads are still looking good!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but the still messed up after 20k on break fix. beware they claim they only do it once if they mess up again its on you. I will be speaking to some higher up in nissn about this. I went through the same thing with the front diff warenty about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've got amost 40K on the brake fix and havent had a problem. I usually don't even bother to hook up the trailer brakes, and I pull a couple of times a week. After the fix, I tried to warp them, braking hard with heavy loads, not riding the pedal, and couldn't do it. I did have a rear end go, they replaced the entire rear end, the shipped in a complete rear end brake to brake, 42K on it with no more problems and being a contractor the truck gets worked very hard,

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
4wheelpeel said:
Yeah but the still messed up after 20k on break fix. beware they claim they only do it once if they mess up again its on you. I will be speaking to some higher up in nissn about this. I went through the same thing with the front diff warenty about 3 weeks ago.
When was the final brake fix done? As part of that fix there was also a 30k mile extended warranty on the brake fix.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Treebasher that is the best news I have ever heard. The guy at town center nissan told me at around 26k and my truck only has 47k on it now. Man they kill me. Its sad that they dont tell me this info. I have to talk to my friends on here to get reliable info.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just called that jack A$$ over at nissan and he told me that this is not true. I am going to do some research and see what the deal is. Any info would help.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
4wheelpeel said:
I just called that jack A$$ over at nissan and he told me that this is not true. I am going to do some research and see what the deal is. Any info would help.

Call 1-800-NISSAN1 and get it straight from Nissan, if the dealer is refusing to fix something, Nissan should straighten them out.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the phone with them now and I am happy that I made this call. I hope that jeff guy gets caned from that place. or his sentra pulls out in front of me when I am driveing by the dealership. it would look like a crushed coke can! my truck would be picking sentra parts out of its grill.:boxing:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
DeadRiver said:
where do the lemon law Titans Go?

to Titan Heaven of course!

I think they get sent back to the manufacturing plant for decommisoning, but that could just be bull**** *shurgs*
I dont think so. I think Nissan takes them back, works them over, and the not totally unfixable ones go to auction.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Well when Nissan and the dealer worked out a deal for me to buy mine back I know the dealer did all the fixes that I was complaining about and then resold it. They said that it was nothing serious and not really a lemon. I guess I had to agree, I was just sick of the rattles, brake issues, and just some other stuff that a first year truck usually experiences. I was happy that Nissan pitched money in and my dealer helped me to get all t he rebates to get a 05 same everything for less than I paid for my 04. So it wasnt a full Lemon Law buy back but I was happy.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
t22a80 said:
Well when Nissan and the dealer worked out a deal for me to buy mine back I know the dealer did all the fixes that I was complaining about and then resold it. They said that it was nothing serious and not really a lemon. I guess I had to agree, I was just sick of the rattles, brake issues, and just some other stuff that a first year truck usually experiences. I was happy that Nissan pitched money in and my dealer helped me to get all t he rebates to get a 05 same everything for less than I paid for my 04. So it wasnt a full Lemon Law buy back but I was happy.
Right, you truck wasn't lemoned. I think trucks that are officially lemoned state it on their title's, I could be wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts