Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....on my new JBA headers?

Seriously, who knows which hole I should plug and which one should have the AFR sensor in it?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I put it in the down stream at the collecter bung. I believe you would have to extend to O2 sensor wires if you tried to put the O2 sensor in the lower one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
If you don't want to extend the AFR upstream harness, then put the plug in the collector bung.

If you get those AFR plug and play extension harnesses from 5523 Motorsports that I posted about yesterday, then you can plug the primary bung.

You want the AFR sensors to read at the collector. And those afr plug and play harness extensions take less than 15mins to install. Plus they can be made for lengths up to 24''.

10-12'' harness length would be plenty. Thats what I opted for.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
.....on my new JBA headers?

Seriously, who knows which hole I should plug and which one should have the AFR sensor in it?

This is the driver side harness extension. Plug and play, easy mod to do especially if you're going to get JBA headers, full exhaust and utilize Uprev.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Are the differences in putting it in the collector just to get a better reading of the overall bank? Or something else?

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Are the differences in putting it in the collector just to get a better reading of the overall bank? Or something else?
Yes, getting the blow down from all 4 cylinders in one area is better than getting a single cylinder and just using that one to compensate for the other 3 cylinders.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I need about ten inches of extension harness to utilize the lower bunghole? Or it will plug directly into the upper?
I think I got it, thanks.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Are you kidding me? I was laughing when I just read the title! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Reactions: LUBECAKES

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Yeah walker does make sensors that are already extended, but if you're old sensors are still good which mine are fine after 150k miles, then just doing the harness extensions would be better in my opinion.

Either way is an option.

Plus when installing the AFR sensors, use nickel antiseize and don't beef cake them on there. Snug is good. I forget the lbs/ft required for putting them on.

32lb or 27lb keeps coming to mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts