Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says I'm new and need tons of help. I basically want to learn more about my truck and what it has in it far as lift kit, motor, and what's needs to be done at what miles. I have a tahoe that I paid off and went into a dealer(empire Nissan) looking for a car but left with the Titan. I love red and it was big and already lifted at a price I could afford. The sales person didn't really know anything but how to make a sale. In fact he told me it was a 4x4. I don't know much about trucks but I knew it wasn't a 4x4. Anyhow I'm clueless about lifted trucks and would like help on how to keep it up. My tahoe is just stock with 20s(family suv). When I say keep it up I'm talking about the oils in the drive trans, lifted shocks and springs etc. Really love this truck so far and would like to fix it up more. I live in so cal if any one is local. Not sure of the name of my lift other than what's posted on the arm(cst). How can I tell if it's 3" or 6" lift? Also I keep seeing threads about body lifts, what's a body lift?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
try the "search" feature. works great. pics help

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
A body lift is basically spacers between the frame and body to simply "Lift the Body" off the frame some to give more wheel well clearance. A suspension lift which your CST is actaully raises the truck by changing the suspension geometry with bolt on replacement parts. The height of a suspension lift will determine what parts are changed, how and with what type of parts. This is a very very basic idea. In reality it is a large subject that i'm not real bright on. Come to think of it, i'm not real bright period. LOL

·
Super Moderator
160,769 Posts
Congrats on the truck, and welcome to the boards! The search function can be a little...challenging at times. Give it a try, but I say if you have a question, just ask. Some will give you a hard time if you hit on a question that's been asked a time or 300, but don't sweat that. It's what the forum is for, IMHO. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sweet, another SoCal Titan owner. Welcome to TT. If your interested, we are having a Titan meet in Hunington Beach Jan 23rd. Its a chance to look at other trucks and chill with fellow owners. Do a search for it, and add your name to the list if it interests you. :teethmast

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Welcome. I would recommend going to the meet. There you will see what others have done to theirs and give you some ideas. That, and they can answer whatever questions you may have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A body lift is basically spacers between the frame and body to simply "Lift the Body" off the frame some to give more wheel well clearance. A suspension lift which your CST is actaully raises the truck by changing the suspension geometry with bolt on replacement parts. The height of a suspension lift will determine what parts are changed, how and with what type of parts. This is a very very basic idea. In reality it is a large subject that i'm not real bright on. Come to think of it, i'm not real bright period. LOL
LOL you explained the body lift pretty good to me soo you have brightness in ya lol Thanks though. kinda figured it lifted the body but wanted to double to check and find out the purpose.

Jasonmoto- Ive been searching to get an idea on most stuff but some stuff i need further answers. ill figure it out though and keep reading. Sucks though because some threads im reading and have no clue what they mean. I have pics but they came out sideways. will take better ones in the morn. ill post the ones i have.

The truck meet sounds good. Ill try to show for it. I hope i dont pull in with the big red truck and every says theres the newb from titantalk lok jk but thanks everyone for the replying.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Looks like more than a 3" lift to me.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
CST makes a 4" and 8" spindle lift. You also have CST upper control arms, so you may have some aftermarket coils/struts for additional lift. What size tires do you have? My guess is 6" ( 4" spindles plus spacers) of lift on 35" tires?

·
Registered
784 Posts
you have the cst 8" lift on the front (you can tell by the tall spacers on top of the struts in the 4th pic) oh and welcome to TT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jasonmotox the tires are 35's.

You guys are good! Thanks. I wanted to take it into a lift shop to ask a few questions and get help. Thing is by me not knowing what I have and what needs fixing or maintenance I feel they can sell me anything if it's needed or not needed. But I've been reading magz and checking out post so I'm getting better. Thanks for helping me with the ride height. I felt dump when people at work asked me how high is it and I has no clue. Seeing that I bought it from the Nissan dealer and they checked it out with the bumper to bumper inspection, is there anything I should add to complete the lift or add to it for better handling etc? Also anyone know of any trusted lift shops in he southern Cali area? One last thing, to go a little bit higher what's should I look into? Love it the way it is but at times I feel normal when a 4x4 pulls up nxt to me or behind me sitting higher. It feels good when ur head lights or beaming into some one elses car but when the truck behind u is beaming into urs it doesn't feel so good lol seems like a contest in so cal. Who sits the highest. Lol thanks for all the feed back again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
always nice to see another RED on TT!:redblob"

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Depends where you are in So Cal .... And the looks like at least an 8" .... I have a 6" pro comp lift and my 35" don't clear like yours do .. I know of one that I have used for all my trucks and SUV's .. Dudes actually my neigbor .. He's good and we trust him a lot .. Know shure if he does performace stuff, but I bet he could inform you .... Its called "Exclusive SUV" its in Anaheim, but its more like the border of Placentia and Yorba Linda .. By the 91 fwy and Lakeveiw ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts