Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is my OIL Drain PLug on my titan, What does the oil pan look like is it green.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Dude, I just read all your post, and I must say your probably all of 14 years old. Are you through with your home work, remember school day tomorrow!

·
Registered
17 Posts
oil pan drain location

oil pan is easy to find...if you crawl under from the front it's about 4 feet back...it's black with a drain nut facing the rear...sometimes the plug has yellow paint on it but not always...it's the only pan with a single drain nut under the truck...good luck!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
fgb said:
oil pan is easy to find...if you crawl under from the front it's about 4 feet back...it's black with a drain nut facing the rear...sometimes the plug has yellow paint on it but not always...it's the only pan with a single drain nut under the truck...good luck!

Thanks for being nice to the guy but.............He's pulling your chain man! If someone has to ask where the plug is, he don't need to know, think about it . :smoke:

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
There is a photo of the location in the owners manual. The pan in this truck is like no other I've seen. It's a very small seperate item from the bottom of the motor.

Clint

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
isnt that where i put the gas into?

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha

thanks for the Replys, I was Wondering How many Ignorant, Wise *** People there are here. for the nice ones thanks again.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
:deathsent :deathsent :deathsent oh, boy.........

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, if you're being serious which I don't know and hope I don't offend you but, if you look under the truck or at least on my truck it's pretty simple to find. The oil pan looks kind of small but, just right behind the front skid plate you'll see the bolt pointing toward you. It's a 14mm bolt and it doesn't take much to loosen it. I like how Nissan simplified the oil change on these trucks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree with you...I was impressed with the little "slide" they have for the oil that leaks out of the filter area so that you don't make a mess everywhere. It's the little things that Nissan has thought about that I appreciate...any hey, every one back off the young guy...even I had to spend a few extra seconds looking for the drain plug!

·
Registered
319 Posts
At least no one said "Underneath the Truck." :jester:

I like the access panel in the skid plate for the oil filter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah I like the thing about the oil filter too. Ever try changing the oil filter on 00-04 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7L V8? A pain in the rear if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Actually, the oil pan on these trucks do look pretty weird. It's nothing like the Chevy smallblock oil pans I'm used to dealing with. Even the one on my old Toyota 22r was kind of "normal" looking.:p

Oh well...the marvels of modern technology.

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
Austin said:
Well, are you going to tell us?

How many ignorant, wise *** people do we have here?

I'm one, who's two?

Oh yeah, I now remember the question. Crawl under the passenger side of the truck, behind the front tire. Look up and you will see the drain plug on that side of the pan. :cheers:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Squid said:
I'm one, who's two?

Oh yeah, I now remember the question. Crawl under the passenger side of the truck, behind the front tire. Look up and you will see the drain plug on that side of the pan. :cheers:
Well Squid, I have to come to your rescue!!! You are not a wise***!!! :jester:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts