Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
I bet that I even knew what a drain plug was, just surprised the heck out of some of you.

Hey Best, did mercedes not have a drain plug? Or did this have more to do with dignity?(Can't have a mercedes owner crawling around on the ground like some low life redneck truck owner.) :jester:

·
Registered
362 Posts
It took me awhile to find the oil filter. Why would they hide it. The least they could have done was make the bolts that hold the skid plate on the same size as the drain plug, or is that too simple? And how do they fit 6 quarts of oil in that pan?

·
Registered
542 Posts
electricjohn said:
It took me awhile to find the oil filter. Why would they hide it. The least they could have done was make the bolts that hold the skid plate on the same size as the drain plug, or is that too simple? And how do they fit 6 quarts of oil in that pan?

The bottom of the casting on most engine blocks stop at the centerline of the crank main bearings, so a oil pan the size of the bottom of the block is needed. That pan must extend down far enough to clear the crank, then drop down more for the sump. Pushrod engines usually have the oil pump in this sump.
The block casting on the Nissan 5.6 has much deeper "skirts". These skirts extend down past the centerline of the crank, giving much more strength, and allowing the main caps to be cross bolted. This makes the lower end much stronger. The black sheet metal pan is just a sump, for the oil pickup. No more oil pan is needed since the crank assembly is enclosed by the skirts on the block.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The guy claims to have a race car in his profile..again claims is the key word, if he has a race car he wouldn't have to ask where the plug is would he? He would have some mechanical abilty, at least enough to know where the plug is! Really if a person has to ask that.. he is better off going to Jiffy lube or down to Ed and Jess's filling station, cafe, and we fix flats!

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
haha

Yup, But IM not a jap Mechanic, I deal with 358 Chevys (4 barrel) making almost 670 horses.

Tk.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Okay, so on the 350 I had the oil plug was in the same place as the Titan's. The oil plug would be located on the__________. Your bluff has been called, you haven't fooled anyone here on Titan talk, please just delete this whole thread.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Help guys! I just went outside to drive somewhere and I couldn't figure out how to start my truck! I couldn't figure out the Japanese ignition system. Where does the key go? Or does it even need a key? Please help me!
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
To answer your question, Olllian, I drop the whole skid plate on my 2011 Pro4X when I do an oil change. It's six bolts, and it just makes it easier with plenty of room to get around and wipe things clean afterward. I started that because after my dealer changed my oil, I noticed the heads on the little soft allen bolts on the oil filter access panel were totally stripped and useless. I also noticed that based on the scuff marks on the six bolts holding the skid plate, I am pretty sure the dealership blew out the access panel bolt heads and then dropped the skid plate to get access to change the oil filter.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts