Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys im trying to buy some new rear shocks . because i baught some rear 1.5 blocks . so i need new shocks . just dont know which ones to get and from where ? i was thinking bilstein or icon

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
PRG Products
Sounds like you need the 4x4 version of the Icons.
There are 2wd and 4wd versions of this shock, the ride is the same with either but the 4wd version is about 1-inch longer and is recommended on Titans (2 or 4wd) running a 1-inch or taller block (up to 3" rear lift on a 2wd or 2" rear lift on a 4wd). If you are running more height than this then longer shocks will be required.

·
Premium Member
21,626 Posts
I just bought a set of Bilsteins from ShockWarehouse.com (a CT sponsor). They give CT members 5% off and there is free shipping now also. I put in my order late Thursday and the shocks should be delivered next Wednesday.

I gave up on PRG when my emails and phone calls didn't get returned. That and the SAW shocks I bought from PRG have proven to be rather unreliable. One shock has been back two times to be rebuilt and the other one once. They are both leaking again.

On the plus side, the shocks you get from PRG are guaranteed to fit your Titan. I've heard that the Bilsteins are a tight fit on the brackets.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My rear shocks saw'a are leaking too, I might be getting some billsteins as well if I can't get them rebuilt. How do you like the ride compared to the saw's? Seems like the ride was firm when I switched.

·
Premium Member
21,626 Posts
Don't know yet how the Bilsteins ride. They arrive on Wednesday. Next weekend is going to be busy: transmission fluid change, both differentials, transfer case, engine oil and now shocks too. Hmm, what else can I add in?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm running the bilstein 5125's from prg with a 1.5" block, and they ride great. I would either go with the 5125's or the icon's from prg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading though the experiences here and having done some additional research I purchased the Bilstein HD’s from Shox.com. I called Shox prior to ordering to clarify the part number (Bilstein’s switched p/n’s after many years) and was helped by Mark. After guiding me to the right part number he offered to check stock. He had the rears on the shelf, but not the fronts. Good news is that Shox is about 19 miles away from Bilstein’s warehouse and North American headquarters in Southern California and they could pick them up quickly. I placed my order at their website and had the shocks in a couple of days to my home in Arizona. I got a confirming “thank you” email from Chris in sales and by the next day had the UPS tracking information. Nice folks to deal with, accurate information and great pricing.

I've got 121,000+ on my 05 Titan and the original shocks were not leaking, but felt like they had gotten much stiffer resulting in a hamering ride over bumps and potholes. The Billies are a great improvement in ride and handling.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My original plan was to get them from PRG, but he had a hard time getting more in at the time. I called Shox.com and was pretty much disgusted by the customer service that I got when asking if they had them on the shelf. I should've just hung up the phone when he answered with a "Hello". After a few minutes of putting up with his attitude, I told him that I would rather give my money to someone else who wants the business. I ended up going through 4x4parts and had them at my door within 4 days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts