Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Buy it at the dealer. I called a dealer and asked the price of a hitch, he told me a higher price than I had seen on the net. I told him i could buy one at XXX for $XX and he offered to price match. So ask them!!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Courtesy parts has some decent prices. You can order online and then pick up at the dealership in Richardson to avoid shipping charges which would be substantial for a receiver. I did that on my front spoiler. Don Davis is hit and miss. The prices they quote are usually very high but if you get the right guy behind the counter and press them, they will sometimes come down. I had one guy there sell me the cabin filters at the employee purchase price which was cheaper than I could buy anywhere online. Other than that just check around at the other dealerships.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Earlier today I bought a Class IV hitch and multi-tow wiring harness at the local U-Haul. The hitch was $130 and the wiring harness was $28. The multi-tow wiring harness has a 7-way, and a separate 4-way plug. Installation was simple. The wiring harness plugged directly in to the truck's trailer wire plug that was zip tied to the end of the frame on the driver's side. I have not found the relays I need yet, so I cannot say for sure that the wiring works, but I have no reason to suspect it would not.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well - I just read on another thread that the relays are around $20 each, and I believe I need 3. If this is the case I messed up. The Nissan dealership said they would install everything for $230. I figured I would save a few bucks and buy/install it myself. Like I said in my earlier thread, I already have $158 invested, and I did the work. If the relays are $20 each, then the best deal is really to let the dealership do it for you.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I cheated...I had the hitch installed at the factory...:D

Are the tow relays a standard Bosch type?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
loufish said:
I cheated...I had the hitch installed at the factory...:D

Are the tow relays a standard Bosch type?
No they are not the normal looking relays. They have a different layout.

I went yesterday to the only dealer I could find that had it in stock and bought the hitch. I asked him about matching courtesy parts and he would only take off 10%, so I I paid $223. It took about 15 minutes to do everything.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I checked with a local truck parts store that does installation of towing packages and he has the smaller relays in stock. He gave me a price of $4.00 each for the smaller of the relays. He does not have the larger one right now. Apparently the 04 - 06 Titans only took 2 relays. One large & one small. How can that be when the dealership wants to charge me $65.00 for all three? If the installer wrong on his price, or does he just have an inferior after market relay?

·
Registered
834 Posts
FYI - Just got the relays from a truck parts store. They have the shroud just like the factory relays have and they work fine. The smaller relays were $4.00, and the larger was $8.00. So, total investment for my towing package was $174.00. I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cajuntitan which truck parts store did you get relays from? I'm in the process of installing a hitch on my truck in the near future.. thanks ......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info I went ahead and ordered hitch and wiring kit plus relays from etrailer.com. 190.00 and change shipped to my door.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts