Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to do a "Ram Air Mod" to my T but I want to replace the washer fluid tank with a smaller one. Where can I buy one that will fit?

I did some searching here but the links to the vendors who sell them are no longer valid (like JC Whitney). :confused:

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm planning to do a "Ram Air Mod" to my T but I want to replace the washer fluid tank with a smaller one. Where can I buy one that will fit?

I did some searching here but the links to the vendors who sell them are no longer valid (like JC Whitney). :confused:

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks
x2 / Bump! :bump:

·
Registered
801 Posts
hmm well it sucks they dont sell it anymore. I used a small coolant tank for mine that I got from Auto Zone. I just made a small whole to put the hose piece into and used the mounting bracket it came wit to mount it to my intake box.
here is some pics of mine

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saturday Bump!!! :bump:

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Give me a minute, I'll let you know where I found mine. I did the ram air mod and had to buy a smaller one. I have a post on here, I'll look now:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Anything? :confused: :bump:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I googled mini universal washer fluid reservoir and found a few. Might need to take a few measurments to find one that will fit your plans.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Hang tight guys I'll post a link when I get to my computer tonight!

Carparts.com:
Vertical Tank Electric Windshield Washer (5"W, 6.75"L, 4.75"D)
PN: 17CP9165T
Mfr. #EW-3TS

JcWhitney change the their part number so here is the link,
ELECTRIC WINDSHIELD WASHERS - JCWhitney

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hang tight guys I'll post a link when I get to my computer tonight!

Carparts.com:
Vertical Tank Electric Windshield Washer (5"W, 6.75"L, 4.75"D)
PN: 17CP9165T
Mfr. #EW-3TS

JcWhitney change the their part number so here is the link,
ELECTRIC WINDSHIELD WASHERS - JCWhitney
Found it. Thanks

Got pics of it installed? :)

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Sorry bro I didnt take pic's when I did my install about 2years ago, but it's easy!
I used the 4" corrugated flex piping from LOWES, about 2' 3/8" fuel line, 1 tube black RTV, and a 4" hole saw.
Just mount it so the top is even with your airbox!

I'll take some pics tonight of it finished, and how easy the tank can be removed.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Look on ebay for the washer bags for 60's model Fords......the bag can be mounted in several locations and connects to the OEM pump. It is small but has worked flawlessly now for almost a year since doing the cold air mod seen below. I actually mounted it in the dead space behind the filter in the CIA housing. It is mounted at the rear of the housing and the neck of the bag comes up through the top of the housing for easy filling. Sorry I don't have pics of the washer bag installed but here are some pics and a link to photobucket of the ram air mod....utilizing a Injen CIA and home made enclosure.

Intake Pics

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured the washer fulid tank online is a lot expensive ($20+ shipping), so this is what i did...

I used the OEM pump, a couple of hoses, clamps and a coolant reservoir from Autozone ($8). :eyebrow:

It works perfectly and its cheap. lol :)

Btw, i tested it for leaks before and after installation and not a drop. :teethmast

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Looks good from what I can see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts