Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a set of HID conversion kits for my headlights and fog lights. Where is the best place to mount the ballasts?

Thanks,

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I installed mine I bolted them down to the plastic piece that is under the headlight housing when you remove the light. I wish I took pics but I didn't. You can't miss it. There is a large flat piece that is parallel with the ground. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
titanteacher said:
When I installed mine I bolted them down to the plastic piece that is under the headlight housing when you remove the light. I wish I took pics but I didn't. You can't miss it. There is a large flat piece that is parallel with the ground. Hope this helps.
Okay, thanks! I was looking at the manual, did you have to remove the headlight housing and the fascia?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
titanteacher said:
You don't have to remove the lights to install HID's don't you have to remove the entire Grill to get to remove the lights? What the hell did you do?

I have 2 sets so I used the tray under the light for one, however a better location I found was inside the engine bay under the radiator overflow bottle. And on the opposite side under the windsheild washer fluid bottle :) Nice and safe and stealthy there if yours fit. I used velcro tape. If you install on the tray under the light then use some 3M double sided tape. Yes I had to remove the bottle to put them there, no it was not hard at all.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justintoxicated said:
I have 2 sets so I used the tray under the light for one, however a better location I found was inside the engine bay under the radiator overflow bottle. And on the opposite side under the windsheild washer fluid bottle :) Nice and safe and stealthy there if yours fit. I used velcro tape. If you install on the tray under the light then use some 3M double sided tape. Yes I had to remove the bottle to put them there, no it was not hard at all.
SO you didn't have to remove any exterior body parts?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
SeanVree said:
SO you didn't have to remove any exterior body parts?
Well, I pulled a few fender clips and one screw to access the bulb but I did not actualy remove the fender, the bottles were easy enough to take out, just make sure the truck is not hot when you go to remove the overflow :)

I'd go with industrial strength velcro for the location under the bottles, and 3M tape if you use the little shelf near the headlight (I used velcro there too but the glue isn't holding like the 3M tape would have) Under the bottles I'm not nearly as worried as it does not have anywhere to fall even if the velcro lets go but velcro make them more removable). Not sure what the other guy did that involves removing the headlights and grill. I know I sent one of my ballasts back for replacement when I first got them due to a slow startup in one with one bulb, and I would have been pissed if I would have had to remove the front of the truck to get to the ballast.

But I'm using the stock headlights, if you have to replace the headlight I think you have to remove the front grill anyways.

·
Registered
420 Posts
my lowbeam ballasts are on that plastic shelf right below the headlight. The ones for the fogs are sort of close to the foglight assembly. Theres this open area towards where the skidplate is, it fits nice and snug in there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Justintoxicated said:
Well, I pulled a few fender clips and one screw to access the bulb but I did not actualy remove the fender, the bottles were easy enough to take out, just make sure the truck is not hot when you go to remove the overflow :)

I'd go with industrial strength velcro for the location under the bottles, and 3M tape if you use the little shelf near the headlight (I used velcro there too but the glue isn't holding like the 3M tape would have) Under the bottles I'm not nearly as worried as it does not have anywhere to fall even if the velcro lets go but velcro make them more removable). Not sure what the other guy did that involves removing the headlights and grill. I know I sent one of my ballasts back for replacement when I first got them due to a slow startup in one with one bulb, and I would have been pissed if I would have had to remove the front of the truck to get to the ballast.

But I'm using the stock headlights, if you have to replace the headlight I think you have to remove the front grill anyways.
Cool, thanks doesn't look like it should be too hard. . .wish me luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts