• Other

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to install some lights on the front of my truck soon and am deciding where to mount the toggle switch. I have a bare bones SE model with a bench seat and here are my options:

Left console where the rear power window switch is-I have two empty ports.

Center console just above the cupholders next to the tow mode button- I have two empty ports.

Roof console where the temp/compass, garage door things typically are- I have a "blank" cover there with nothing on it. (This location would give it the aircraft type effect I think)

·
Registered
686 Posts
My personal favorite is using an old style floor mount dimmer switch. Hands free for convenience and so I can zap those a**holes that drive stupid.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brundy said:
My personal favorite is using an old style floor mount dimmer switch. Hands free for convenience and so I can zap those a**holes that drive stupid.

Hehehe... that's a great idea. My 76 Cutlass had one of those and so did my old Ford truck. They are great.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
54warrior said:
Going to install some lights on the front of my truck soon and am deciding where to mount the toggle switch. I have a bare bones SE model with a bench seat and here are my options:

Left console where the rear power window switch is-I have two empty ports.

Center console just above the cupholders next to the tow mode button- I have two empty ports.
Roof console where the temp/compass, garage door things typically are- I have a "blank" cover there with nothing on it. (This location would give it the aircraft type effect I think)
That is where I put mine. I carved the empty port out to fit the lighted switch and it fit like a glove. Perfect!

·
Premium Member
92,251 Posts
I'd like the toggles on the upper panel but I'm wondering about the side-curtain rollover airbags. You may not have those, but I do and have that concern for disassembly of the A-pillar.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
how about on your forhead for starting such a dumb thread..desicions desicions?:stab: j/k can you still ake me a skid plate?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
92,251 Posts
jasonmotox said:
how about on your forhead for starting such a dumb thread..desicions desicions?:stab: j/k can you still ake me a skid plate?:dunno:
Oh, I get it. Slice him up, pour salt in the wounds, and then hit him up for some freebies. That'll work! :lol:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I mounted a standard on/off plastice switch above my cupholders for my amp shutoff. Easy to access, close to dash for wiring and it looks great. Plus, if you mess up cutting the access hole in the blank, it is under a little lip that will help to cover/shadow any fine details or mistakes. Not a problem if you use a dremel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I mounted mine in the middle spot on the left console. The toggle lights up when activated, and the steering wheel blocks / keeps it out of eye shot so it's not distracting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts