Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I missing here????? The black and red trace are b/4 the Banks and Volant CAI..stock intake and exhaust. Bkue and green traces are after the install. Same vehicle weight (although it too low by 2-300lbs), same temp, humidity etc. I expected a little more:crying: I also installed a PowerAid TBS,same time as intake...

·
Registered
690 Posts
1) The Gtech isn't a good system to measure HP. Compared to an actual dyno the differences can be astounding.

2) The peak HP is not where you are looking for your gains. It's in the mid range. If you can figure out the power difference between the test runs where the power increase was the greatest, that's what your max gains are. For instance, an aftermarket product may promise a 40HP gain on your 300 HP vehicle, but that product may only make your peak HP 302HP, but the mid range could go from 180 to 220HP.

So if you can figure out where in the power band where you had the greatest gains, that's how much power you gained from your upgrades.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Maybe your ECU is retarded. How long since the install? My tune took three weeks to come around fully.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Dog those are gains and to be honest G-Tech can't get HP/TQ right worth a crap....but what tit did catch is that you did increase it. No worries with that data.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Papa_D said:
Maybe your ECU is retarded. How long since the install? My tune took three weeks to come around fully.
About 3 days, I'll wait and see. I fully understand the HP data and the Gtech.

HP loss due to Aerodynamic Drag is approximately
equal to:
------------------------------------

Cd * A * (V3)

And it (the HP) showed gains I was expecting. It's the torque I'm questioning. I'll wait a couple of weeks and rerun it....I just need access to a DYNO!

·
Registered
690 Posts
reservoirdog said:
HP loss due to Aerodynamic Drag is approximately
equal to:
Nothing. You don't lose HP from wind resistance, the drag reduces the rate of acceleration which would show on the Gtech as less power.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Z-Hauler said:
Nothing. You don't lose HP from wind resistance, the drag reduces the rate of acceleration which would show on the Gtech as less power.
Either way you word it. I wanted multiple, consistant results.I got them. I'm NOT worried about the HP as much as torque results. I'll give the ECM a few weeks.

·
Super Moderator
35,626 Posts
The ECU also responds to how you drive.

Owners who have towed over a period of time have posted that when the trailer is gone the Titan pulls hard down low.

Others have also suggested that if you drive like a Granny or romp on it all the time, the ECU responds in kind.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
37L1 said:
The ECU also responds to how you drive.

Owners who have towed over a period of time have posted that when the trailer is gone the Titan pulls hard down low.

Others have also suggested that if you drive like a Granny or romp on it all the time, the ECU responds in kind.
I'm gonna granny it through this tank to get approx. MPG increase, if any. Then, it's on. I want a low 15s 4X4, N/A. Pretty sure next step of this journey is UPREV:).

·
Super Moderator
35,626 Posts
reservoirdog said:
I'm gonna granny it through this tank to get approx. MPG increase, if any. Then, it's on. I want a low 15s 4X4, N/A. Pretty sure next step of this journey is UPREV:).
I'm positive you will reach your goal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts