Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning guys, I recently purchased my 2012 titan, and have begun to upgrade and replace a few things. As she sits now from what I can tell it has 2" blocks in the rear with Rancho RS99930 rear shocks, and a strut spacer in the front with napa front shocks. I am in the process of refreshing the suspension and really like the truck's current stance. So my question is would a 3" front lifted strut still keep the leveled look with 2" blocks in the rear or should I go with a 2" front leveling strut?

Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
Good morning guys, I recently purchased my 2012 tundra, and have begun to upgrade and replace a few things. As she sits now from what I can tell it has 2" blocks in the rear with Rancho RS99930 rear shocks, and a strut spacer in the front with napa front shocks. I am in the process of refreshing the suspension and really like the truck's current stance. So my question is would a 3" front lifted strut still keep the leveled look with 2" blocks in the rear or should I go with a 2" front leveling strut?
Funny looking tundra 馃槈

Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
My lift/level journey so far:

Stock "nose-down" look:

2" front spacers, nice and level:

RC 3" lift kit (3" lifted front struts and and 3" rear blocks), taller, but back to nose-down:

Same stance with new wheels and tires:

I'm probably going to swap out the 3" rear blocks for some 1.5" blocks to bring the truck back to a more leveled stance. I'd rather lift the front another 2", but the UCAs won't allow for that, so dropping the tail is the only alternative without spending more $$$ than I'm willing to spend.

Registered
If you have a 2" front level you would have serious rake with a 2" block. I have 3 rear blocks, the one from RCs 3" lift which is tapered and only 2" at the highest point of the taper (its about 1.75" working lift), a 1.5" block and a 1" block. I have Bilstein 5100s on the top setting and before that a 2" RC level, both same 2" lift (never installed the RC 3" lift spacer).
The 2" block is too high for a 2" front level unless your attached to a 8000lb trailer. The 1.5" block still has too much rake with a 2" front level IMO. I settled on the 1" block which looks great (better than stock) but to me truly level you need a 3" front with a 1" block or the 2" front level and nothing in the back. I have a 2011 pro 4x so take it with a grain of salt. RC block next to Supreme 1.5 block

1 - 5 of 5 Posts