Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 with a six inch lift and 20's and 36'' tires. which frozen roters should i get? slotted? and which hawk pads should i get? the blue High preformance ones? or just the green ones? thanks for the input. i have OEM pads and roters but im getting crazy vibration comming from the front.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
With 20s you could get some rebuilt 08+ front calipers from Rock Auto and pick up the hub spacer rings to center the bigger rotors on the smaller 04-07 hubs for $40 and then run 08+ Frozen/Hawk. The rears didn't change.

Here is the thread with all the details about upgrading. You need to read in a bit until they figure out the part about the spacer rings.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit.../72018-brake-upgrade-using-08-parts-pics.html

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naa thats too costly and too much work. i think ill just replace the roters and pads.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Hawk LTS pads. You might call your local shop(s) to see if they will turn slotted rotors before deciding between slotted & unslotted.

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
i got the smooth rotors and the lts pads. the guy said unless your racing dont get the high performance. they dont work as well until they are heated up, and normal driving will not keept hem hot enough.

I replaced the fronts only on my 06 and it cost right at $300 for parts. could not be happier with the performance.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
What's wrong with slotted rotors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts