Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also want to get a custom grille...THEY LOOK SO WICKED ON THIS TRUCK!!
I am debating between these two:

grille 1

grille 2

grille 1 is very simple: snap on installation, i can put the nissan emblem back on if I want...but cost like $330 with shipping

grille 2 is very similar and tight: but tie on installation (sounds complicated), the guy said i would have to figure out my own way to put the emblem back on the new grille, BUT it would only cost $209 with shipping...

I NEED HELP...which one should I go with (keep in mind I want to do my own installation and am not great with working on vehicles. Also, I want to spend the least amount of $$$ as possible)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is what I used

Howie Kaluha said:
I also want to get a custom grille...THEY LOOK SO WICKED ON THIS TRUCK!!
I am debating between these two:

grille 1

grille 2

grille 1 is very simple: snap on installation, i can put the nissan emblem back on if I want...but cost like $330 with shipping

grille 2 is very similar and tight: but tie on installation (sounds complicated), the guy said i would have to figure out my own way to put the emblem back on the new grille, BUT it would only cost $209 with shipping...

I NEED HELP...which one should I go with (keep in mind I want to do my own installation and am not great with working on vehicles. Also, I want to spend the least amount of $$$ as possible)

Thanks!!

You can get this for 127.xx delivered from www.accessoriesgiant.com. It is a simple install that already has a cutout for the Nissan emblem. It is stainless steel and installs with thumb screws. I like the vertical cuts and I thinl it looks great with all the chrome on the Titan.

Attachments

·
Banned
81 Posts
I like the stock, black, rugged looking grill. The custom grills look too glitzy to me. How does the engine get enough air with those? I'd feel like I was choking off the engine having a grill like that. They look nice if you're into the custom look, but I like simplicity and effeciency.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CaliforniaTitan said:
Howie,

I ordered the grille #2 from Ebay for $150 + $9 shipping.

I am contemplating painting mine 'Smoke' before installing it.

Chris
Are you planning on trying to put the Nissan emblem back on the new grille after you install it???

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the bottom section of choice #1. I think it looks great. For the top, the dealership already has a custom piece on it, it's a 3 piece deal that shows the Nissan emblem and just fits over the plastic. I'll post a pic this weekend after I polish things up.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Chilicat said:
I have the bottom section of choice #1. I think it looks great. For the top, the dealership already has a custom piece on it, it's a 3 piece deal that shows the Nissan emblem and just fits over the plastic. I'll post a pic this weekend after I polish things up.
How does it install? Is it zip tied? I have a piece of window screen zip tied in the bottom opening at the moment (to keep the sand & gravel out of the heat exchanger fins), and maybe should get something a little better.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I would get #2. Do you really need/want to have the emblem? I don't think you can really cross thread or screw up an install w/ zip ties.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CaliforniaTitan said:
Just installed it. Decided it looked good enough in person to not paint it. I haven't remounted the Nissan emblem on it yet (got dark).

Pics are under the Visual Modifications section under the current grille topic here: http://www.titantalk.com/showthread.php?t=10594

Also, more with the emblem in place now! http://www.titantalk.com/showthread.php?p=127332#post127332

Yes, mine is completely zip tied in place.

Chris
Looks really good man...can't wait to have one on mine

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CaliforniaTitan said:
Howie,

I ordered the grille #2 from Ebay for $150 + $9 shipping.

I am contemplating painting mine 'Smoke' before installing it.

Chris
hey Chris, that is the one I thought looked the best and its sealed the deal when I saw it on your truck today. I just ordered it off ebay bout a half hour ago...can't wait to put it on soon! I will post pics as soon as its on :rockon
BTW thanks everyone for helping me choose...I can be very picky :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts