Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations? I am switching out headlights (hopefully this weekend!) and looking to buy an LED kit today...or maybe HID headlights if they are better?

I have heard that LEDs still have some way to go to match the performance of HIDs, but there are a few kits I have come across online that look like they could do a pretty good job...can anyone share their experiences?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Are you changing out the entire housing or just the bulb? I want to get some new lights that are similar to these but have read some bad things about fogging etc..

I don't think I'm going with HID kits.. Have read too many issues with those unless you spend good money to get an expensive kit.. One of the site sponsers just released a new LED headlight that is supposed to be pretty bright..

Link ---> http://www.titantalk.com/forums/retro-solutions/350697-new-supbright-led-headlamp-kits.html

Let us know what you go with! I'm looking to do it in the near future as well!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I don't think I'm going with HID kits.. Have read too many issues with those unless you spend good money to get an expensive kit.. One of the site sponsers just released a new LED headlight that is supposed to be pretty bright..

Link ---> http://www.titantalk.com/forums/retro-solutions/350697-new-supbright-led-headlamp-kits.html
My retro fits are due back this week, bought those exact same LED's off ebay for 57.99. They go as low as 47.99, but didn't want to wait for shipping from China. I am going to put them in my high beams, using Morimoto H1 HID's for the lows.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My retro fits are due back this week, bought those exact same LED's off ebay for 57.99. They go as low as 47.99, but didn't want to wait for shipping from China. I am going to put them in my high beams, using Morimoto H1 HID's for the lows.
The headlights in your signature pic.. What are those? You sent them off to get done? How much did that cost?

Like them a lot..

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
The ones in my pics are Depos, replacement headlights (probably will sell them soon) I sent my OEMs to get retrofitted, painted the buckets graphite, trim is color matched blue, H1 projectors and graphite shrouds. It was a little over $500, plus I have spent $150 on new morimoto HID ballasts and bulbs and another $60 on the LED's for the high beam, so total was about $700. The member that does these can pretty much do whatever you want, he does excellent/guaranteed/warranted work. The price will vary depending on what you ant and what quality you go with. This picture is before the projectors/shrouds were put in and the lenses put back on. I can get pictures of what the ebay LED's look like in the high beams.

Attachments

Reactions: KappaSutra

·
Registered
358 Posts
Those look awesome. Really like the color match.

Reactions: FishnAlaska

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ouch on price but dayum very very nice!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse... But, I want to change out the stocks lights as well. Right now Im running 6000k HID's in the headlights..

But I want a black headlight housing and halo's but not the ricer looking ones. The problem is when I look at custom offsets everyone has the same damn headlights.

Does anyone make a nice simple OEM looking, non ricer looking halo similar to the retro fitted kits that will accommodate HID's. I live out in the country so lighting is a must...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Lmk how it goes ... I may be retrofitting my stocks if I don't like the spyder headlights from amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Lmk how it goes i may be doing that to my stocks if I don't like the spyder headlights from amason

For the love of eyesight don't put HID's in the stock housings. Reflector housings are not made for HID's and they'll just throw light everywhere.

If you want whiter, brighter lights for your stocks go with LED bulbs and aim correctly.

·
Registered
695 Posts
No.... Lol I'm sending my stock lights to retro masters , I emailed them the other day to get a rough estimate. But I live in BFE so lights are a must no matter how scattered. Literately no streetlights for miles

·
Registered
695 Posts
The ones in my pics are Depos, replacement headlights (probably will sell them soon) I sent my OEMs to get retrofitted, painted the buckets graphite, trim is color matched blue, H1 projectors and graphite shrouds. It was a little over $500, plus I have spent $150 on new morimoto HID ballasts and bulbs and another $60 on the LED's for the high beam, so total was about $700. The member that does these can pretty much do whatever you want, he does excellent/guaranteed/warranted work. The price will vary depending on what you ant and what quality you go with. This picture is before the projectors/shrouds were put in and the lenses put back on. I can get pictures of what the ebay LED's look like in the high beams.

Question do you have his contact info Image1463154776.662666.jpg

Looking for something like the photo above

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Reactions: KappaSutra

·
Registered
201 Posts

Can you link me to the LEDs you are referring to?

Also, are the Morimoto H1's you are using for your lows a lot brighter than LEDs for low?

Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Btw one of the spyder lights failed within the first day of installing them

·
Registered
201 Posts
Btw one of the spyder lights failed within the first day of installing them

I'm assuming you got it replaced under warranty?

I've traded a few emails with VIPMOTOZ and their support seems to be solid..

They say if you don't like the lights they will take them on return and even pay return shipping..

·
Registered
695 Posts
I installed them around 5pm, before date night. Around 8pm the light was completely fogged up from condensation.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hopefully , they said it should be shipped Monday.

But, I'm kind of worrying about the quality of their parts now. One day and I'm experiencing an issue.

Who's to say it won't happen when I'm out of warranty ?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts