Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to look ahead a couple of months to when I will be ordering some rims, which are easier to maintain, Black or Chrome rims. By maintain I mean what scratches the least, easiest to keep clean, most durable, and best looking in your opinion. BTW I am getting a white 08 titan cc se lb and have been told by some that black rims on a white truck looks like the rims are dirty all of the time. What are your opinions on this? Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Go for what looks good to you. "in the end nothing else matters" ... Merry Christmas!
Btw, chrome is less porous than paint, so probably easier to clean, but the stock painted rims I run were easy to wash/wax when I did such things, (first year thing), IMO.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The teflon's are the easiest to clean. Just hose off and go. Merry Christmas.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Chrome is tough to keep clean, but looks sweet if they are kept up. The Titans brakes put off a good bit of dust with the stock rotors and pads, and with my Brembos they REALLY throw off some dust. I am kinda anal about my wheels so i have to clean them every few days.

·
Registered
366 Posts
roy365 said:
Chrome is tough to keep clean, but looks sweet if they are kept up. The Titans brakes put off a good bit of dust with the stock rotors and pads, and with my Brembos they REALLY throw off some dust. I am kinda anal about my wheels so i have to clean them every few days.
But yours look pretty sweet Roy, but there hard to see them in your avatar

I went from the stock 4X4 wheels to the LE chrome rims, even when they are dirty they still look better that the stock alloy, I drive out to quarries all the time so they always have dirt on them but clean off really easy, I never seem to see brake dust on them compared to the stalk alloys

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
TitanTeamRoper said:
But yours look pretty sweet Roy, but there hard to see them in your avatar

I went from the stock 4X4 wheels to the LE chrome rims, even when they are dirty they still look better that the stock alloy, I drive out to quarries all the time so they always have dirt on them but clean off really easy, I never seem to see brake dust on them compared to the stalk alloys
I'm just anal about dirty wheels. :dunno: wait......did that come out right?

I prolly shouolda went with black, but i couldnt resist Galaxy black w/chrome wheels. I do like the black Rockstars though.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I had TIS 22" chrome rims on my old truck and I now have Moto Metal 951 20" rims on my truck now and I can say that black rims are so much easier to keep clean. Even when dust gets on them they look good, whereas if dust gets on chrome rims, they don't look so good.

I'd go with black.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
This was after about 3 or 4 days from washing it and the rims still look nice with all the dust on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help guys, I am going to keep an open mind about which wheels I get, I have been looking at the moto metal 951's, but seeing them on billaj's truck I think those are the rims I want. Any pics of those on a white titan?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts