Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask my audio people, I about to add a new audio system running about 1000 watts rms and may upgrade it to 1500 rms later this summer. I wanted to ask which yellow top optima would work best for me?
I know some have talked about the D35 and the D27F, I just wanted to hear everyones thoughts on the before I purchase it today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yeah, I was going to suggest Odyssey..... But wow, I didn't know that about the Die Hard batteries

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked it up and is this the one your talking about the DieHard Platinum P-5 - Group Size 35? and thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I just looked it up and is this the one your talking about the DieHard Platinum P-5 - Group Size 35? and thanks for the reply
TitanBlue is the smart guy that figured this out first on this forum (I paid the extra $100 for an Odyssey). I would send him a PM and find out which one. There are posts in other forums where people have contacted EnerSys and report that they confirmed same battery, different case.

·
Registered
236 Posts
As an ex-installer myself - the more important link in your system should be to get a high-output alternator, rather than an Odyssey, or Optima. If you look at specs of Interstate, DieHard's, etc - they are far better than an Optima.

Optima's play a role if you decide to keep your stereo running for long periods of time without the engine running. If you don't plan on doing that, Optima's (or any deep cell's) are pointless. I'm not really sure why people even get them who don't have large stereo's.

Reactions: thatboijdub

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my last ride I was about the change to bigger alternator but it got stolen. The battery is my truck is already going out so I will get the battery now and when I put my system in over spring break I will how it handles and when I upgrade the system over the summer I might look into getting a better alternator.

As an ex-installer myself - the more important link in your system should be to get a high-output alternator, rather than an Odyssey, or Optima. If you look at specs of Interstate, DieHard's, etc - they are far better than an Optima.

Optima's play a role if you decide to keep your stereo running for long periods of time without the engine running. If you don't plan on doing that, Optima's (or any deep cell's) are pointless. I'm not really sure why people even get them who don't have large stereo's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts