Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I did do some searching but didnt come up with anything...also looked through the sticky in this section and im still undecided!

I was looking at getting the PC stage 1, but should I just save my pennies and buy the stage 2? Is it really worth the extra coin?

Thanks
SIK

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
SIKTITAN said:
First off I did do some searching but didnt come up with anything...also looked through the sticky in this section and im still undecided!

I was looking at getting the PC stage 1, but should I just save my pennies and buy the stage 2? Is it really worth the extra coin?

Thanks
SIK
Pro comp is a good choice. I personally think it sits a little low in the back, but its just my oppinion. I would suggest that you don't buy the stage 2, because the shocks that come with them suck. You can go to prgproducts.com, and call Greg, and he will suggest what you can do. SAW Coilovers, and SAW Rear Shocks are probably the best shocks you can buy.

Radlfo Shocks are good aswell, and I believe Donahoe Racing Shocks are too.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
SIKTITAN said:
Upgrading shocks/coilovers is almost always the best thing to do for your suspension. If you plan on beating her up a bit, then you're better off holding onto the $$ difference (stage 1 vs 2), save another few hundred and then go for higher-end C/Os later.

If you don't plan on beating her all that often, Procomp's C/Os are still an good upgrade, worth getting and better than none at all......

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If seen the PC kits for 1500 and thats about what I would like to spend...maybe save more and spend 2000

·
Registered
422 Posts
you can get more lift and a better ride and more ground clearance with one of prg gregs kits i have guys with no fear titans with a 6" lift look at my truck and almost cry because it looks better, its taller, handles better for less money. and you can pretty much build a kit for what you personally want for 2,000 or less with great products all around.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm I'll have to look into it. only thing is I can get PC up here for 30% off. Wonder if I can get ahold of those kits up in the north. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Call Greg Himself And He Will Give You A Great Price Shipped, Even If You Get 30% Off Pro Comp I Still Feel Gregs Kits Are Better And Will Still Be About The Same Price. 951-780-5331

oh yeah forgot to add with the spindle lift and coilovers there is no cutting or welding required with a buddy some tools and a day off you can install it yourself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GR8WHITE said:
Call Greg Himself And He Will Give You A Great Price Shipped, Even If You Get 30% Off Pro Comp I Still Feel Gregs Kits Are Better And Will Still Be About The Same Price. 951-780-5331

oh yeah forgot to add with the spindle lift and coilovers there is no cutting or welding required with a buddy some tools and a day off you can install it yourself.

I'll give him a shout monday and see. Thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
SIKTITAN said:

Thanks
SIK
Is your truck 2wd or 4wd?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GR8WHITE said:

'

which kits are his?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
SIKTITAN said:
4wd only way to have a truck
I was going to say skip the bracket lift and go with the spindles if you were 2wd. For 4x4's, the CST 7" is a very nice kit, but many run the procomp as well.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
SIKTITAN said:
'

which kits are his?
For 4x4's over 4" of lift, he sells the PC and CST lifts, but can work in the good coilovers and knock usually give a good deal on the whole package.

·
Registered
422 Posts
you just have to call him yourself and see what your options are, he doesnt have all the options available to you on his website. and piecing kits together he will give you a "PACKAGE'' price. and if you dont like what he has go with the 7" cst kit.

·
Registered
841 Posts
www.4wheelparts.com is the usually the cheapest you will find; if not, they will price match + 10% off. Stage one is all you need. The stage 2 coil overs are garbage, and if you are that worried about the stock front end lift give Greg a call and have him hook you up with his DR's or RadFlo's.

PC Stage 1 will run you about $1200 shipped.
Buy the Bilstein rear shocks from Greg definitely worth the money.
If you get on the gas (romp on it) you will need traction bars to avoid the axle wrap - Greg at PRG can help you here too...

As a matter of fact, I just bought the sway bar end links this evening from Greg to accommodate my PC1.

All in all I would say the ProComp lift is the easiest to work with and gives you an easy option to return to the stock height if you ever desire. All of the other lifts require welding. Ive had my lift for about a year and no complaints what so ever.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I called greg today but he wasnt in. Im going to give him a shout tomorrow to find out what my best bet is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bigjimbo said:
www.4wheelparts.com is the usually the cheapest you will find; if not, they will price match + 10% off. Stage one is all you need. The stage 2 coil overs are garbage, and if you are that worried about the stock front end lift give Greg a call and have him hook you up with his DR's or RadFlo's.

PC Stage 1 will run you about $1200 shipped.
Buy the Bilstein rear shocks from Greg definitely worth the money.
If you get on the gas (romp on it) you will need traction bars to avoid the axle wrap - Greg at PRG can help you here too...

As a matter of fact, I just bought the sway bar end links this evening from Greg to accommodate my PC1.

All in all I would say the ProComp lift is the easiest to work with and gives you an easy option to return to the stock height if you ever desire. All of the other lifts require welding. Ive had my lift for about a year and no complaints what so ever.

where did you find 1200 shipped?
http://www.4wheelparts.com/PPT1808T5491.aspx

·
Registered
841 Posts
I paid $1200 for mine last year...I have heard of others that have gotten them in the $11xx range.

I paid like 2800 OTD for the PC1, Banks Exhaust, and my Tires. Find the lowest prices on the net then price match to 4wheel parts. This is if you want bottom dollar.

On the other hand Greg is pretty competitive and hes the best customer support you will get for the life of your products.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts