Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08' titan SE and I am about to purchase a Magnaflow muffler. I am going to use the stock piping and just do a muffler swap. I have narrowed down my search to 2 mufflers. 12258 and 12580, one is 18'' and one is 22''. Which Magnaflow would you guys recommend and why. Thanks !!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are you deadset on MagnaFlow? Heard several members on here speaking highly of the DynoMax.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
did a little research on the same thing. From what ive read the biggerst difference is the 22 is louder than the 18 and the 14 is the quitest. It seems like a middle man i dont want to wake the neighbors when i leave for work at 4 am but i wont to know its there so im goin with 18s. If you do enough research here and on you tube you can find clips of each and hear them both. Or im sure some guys will respond to this with clips of there own to let you hear.
The 14 is louder than the 18, and the 18 is louder than the 22". The 22 is maybe 20% louder than stock and 30-40% quieter than the 18.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
253 Posts
My apologise your right sorry got them mixed up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping for a few more opionions on the subject from you guys but oh well. I just bought the 18'' Magnaflow 12258 off E-bay for 84$ shipped. I contacted my muffler guy here in San Antonio and he said he would install the muffler plus any fabrication it might need for 60$. So I've had my Titan for two weeks and got all the mods I wanted. AEM Bruteforce, Bullydog GT, and Magnaflow muffler swap. I love my new Titan !!

Reactions: Pickle-Smooch

·
Registered
42 Posts
I keep hearing about the Borla XR-1 I think it is, I promised my wife I wouldn't do anything crazy loud this time. (I normally drive straight piped diesels). Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I keep hearing about the Borla XR-1 I think it is, I promised my wife I wouldn't do anything crazy loud this time. (I normally drive straight piped diesels). Thanks for any input
Go borla xr-1 it's loud but not obnoxious in the cab. It sounds amazing outside

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have a 22" Magnaflow I love it. It has some drone not bad unless my camper is behind it at 3000 rpm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Check out the borla proXS 40348. It is a great sounding muffler and won't be super loud. Just a nice deep, mellow tone with a slight increase in volume. The 40348 would also be better for your T because it wouldn't require a y pipe to be installed. Magnaflow is known to have cis on our trucks and/or wear out rather quickly.

This thread has a lot of great info and videos on borla mufflers:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/144435-official-borla-thread.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
I took everyone's advice and just ordered the Borla muffler! I ordered the flowmaster y pipe and the turn down like PaPro4x. That setup looks killer! I'm hoping it sounds as good as I think it will

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went with the 40944. I listened to aloof youtube clips and I think it will sound great! I'm already running Mud Grapplers, so I don't think the exhaust will too much louder than those

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
I went with the 40944. I listened to aloof youtube clips and I think it will sound great! I'm already running Mud Grapplers, so I don't think the exhaust will too much louder than those
You chose right. My 40943 is a bit raspy with reso b pipes. You'll be set with the 40944.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
That muffler is a great choice. I love mine. Just to warn you though if you don't want it to be really loud in the cab don't do a turndown. I had one on mine and it was ridiculously loud at 55-60 mph. That is why I put a tail pipe back on it. Its all up to you, but that is my experience with it.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
If you are just trying to hide the exhaust pipe so you don't see it, the best place to dump it is by the spare tire. That location will give you the least amount of drone. I tested it after I did a turn down and it was shocking how quiet the interior noise was with it dumped by the spare. It was quieter than the stock exit location

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed the Flowmaster Y pipe with 18" of 3" tubing behind it into the Borla 40944 and turned down right after the muffler! It sounds amazing! Very smooth!!!! It is EXACTLY the sound I wanted!!! Thank y'all for all of the help!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts