Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Here's my question. Does it make more sense to get an exhaust setup first or a CAI first? When added to an all stock Titan, which one adds the most power when done alone?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Do the exhaust first.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I did mine both at the same time...but i would do exhaust 1st! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Exhaust 1st
That's how I did mine and goin to getvmy intake in next few weeks

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I would do both if you can. If not, then exhaust.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I did my CAI first then exhaust, but it doesnt really matter

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Do your exhaust first if you're going to want to see any major gain in HP.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i did my intake first but wish i would have done exhaust. either way you should do both. for performance gains...exhaust is the way to go. the intake gave me a very minor, almost unnoticable, low end gain. it did make the engine growl a little more at idle though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I went ahead and performed the DIY intake mod. That ought to produce a small improvement... enough to hold me over for a while. Going to install an exhaust system within the next couple weeks - hopefully. I'm dying to unleash some of that corked up 5.6L power.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had exhaust first but after I added the intake it made a noticeable difference. In conjunction with the exhaust it sounded 100x's better too.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Thanks guys. I went ahead and performed the DIY intake mod. That ought to produce a small improvement... enough to hold me over for a while. Going to install an exhaust system within the next couple weeks - hopefully. I'm dying to unleash some of that corked up 5.6L power.
get a handheld as well as exhaust and intake...i heard that does wonders for the VK

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
They both make pretty much the exact same hp increase because when I dynoed mine at the OT meet I dynoed 302.8 with just the magnaflow exhaust and their was another guy with just a Volant CAI (both of us were VVT engines too) and he made 303. I would do the exhaust first though because it's something you can see so it adds a little visual appeal too and it make sthe truck sound so much better too. An intake you can't see from the road and you can't hear it unless you're flooring it and even then you're pretty much the only one that can hear it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts