Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i have a stock 2011 crew cab pro4x. I wanna know which muffler will give me the best sound, just a simple swap. Bullet? flowmaster? or what? I wont dump it, just swap the muffler, and a nice black tip.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i have a magnaflow muffler.. a hair louder then stock and not loud. only can tell its there when you stomp on it to get on the on ramp

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody give this kid advice until he posts pictures of the new truck. :D :lol:
hahahaha. i'll text you a pic if you pm me your number, i just dont have any on my camera.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You can't go wrong with Magnaflow.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I originally had a FM50 series, nice light rumble at idle and good tone while WOT, but wanted more so I went with a FM Super 40 and it is pretty fricken loud... start up definitely pops and the rumble is non stop... If you want good tone and little bit of acknowledgement at WOT, I would also recommend the Magnaflow, otherwise go with a Flowmaster50 for more rumble... ever since I've had my FM40, my neighbor across the street always ask me a few times a week, "where in the world do you go at 2 in the morning???" :rofl:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
i just got my Aerochamber from hookers headers and rest of the parts i need to install it so ill let you know if its worth buying it. and will post a video so you can check it out.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
620 Posts
Got a new truck? that came out of nowhere I didnt see anything on here about you even thinking about it haha. but I have a Flowmaster super 40 and I like it a lot. It's dumped so its pretty freakin loud. It's def not obnoxious though. Sometimes I wish it was a little louder but then I just give it a little gas and the rumble comes back to life. It does have some drone but I dont mind it and it doesnt have any popping at all. I like it a lot, I dont think you can really go wrong with a FM.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Maggy.........18"

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the 18" Magnaflow with all the pipes.. item #15848.. and bought it from one of the sponsors on this forum. I can find out who it was if you'd like.

I love it. I didn't want it to be TOO loud.. and didn't want it to be too quiet. You only hear it when you floor the truck. The sound is very similar to a V8 sports car.. it's a nice deep/smooth tone. It sounds awesome, and I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
"best sound" depends on who you ask....what kinda of sound do you want?

I've had Magnaflow 18" and 22", and now a generic 2 chamber Flowmaster...Magnaflow is alright if you don't want it too loud or if you don't care for drone in the cab, but is much more likely to have the CIS sound....that's why I left Magnaflow for a Flowmaster style muffler. The Flowmaster I have now still has some "popping" but really only when you first start it up when it's cold....after that, it's just a loud rumble. Drone inside isn't that bad IMO, I like hearing my exhaust anyway.

Leaving the cats installed will help with the CIS, but even before I removed my rears the Magnaflow's just didn't sound right to me...always sounded like I had an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok. so flowmaster or magnaflow. I dont mind having people hear my truck thats for sure. i dont want it poppy though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
link in my sig...keep in mind thats without rear cats so it would be a little smoother and quieter with cats. just my opinion, but i prefer a chambered muffler.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks bro.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think any muffler you buy will sound "poppy". I did a TON of research when I bought mine this past summer, and listened to a ton of youtube video's the best I could. It really does all depend on personal preference I guess. I didn't want to wake my neighbors.. but I also wanted a deep tone when I stepped on it off the line.

My personal opinion, I have a V8.. and I wanted my engine to sound like a V8.. and sound similar to a sports car.. and my 18" Magnaflow perfectly matches what I was looking for. Plus, the quality is great, as is the lifetime warranty.

I'll always own a Magnaflow on my trucks. Remember, you get what you pay for.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts