Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a parts dealer today and inquired about the Truxedo soft roll up tonneau cover. He said that they were not a good cover and that he only reccommends the Access roll up tonneau cover. Anyone checked them out previously, like on any other truck? Need to decide.

Campsmoke :lookaroun

·
Registered
514 Posts
There's one with a truxedo here, see the pictures section.

Access does have a cover that will work, but you have to remove the side tracks. They are working on one that this won't be a problem.

I really liked my Access cover I had on my Tundra.. I may wait. But the Truxedo one looks nice too..

·
Registered
495 Posts
Of all the soft covers that I have been checking out, I think I like the Access the most. It seems to take a minimum space when rolled all the way up to front of the bed. How much space did it take on your Tundra's bed, rolled up?
thx

·
Registered
65 Posts
amati5 said:
Of all the soft covers that I have been checking out, I think I like the Access the most. It seems to take a minimum space when rolled all the way up to front of the bed. How much space did it take on your Tundra's bed, rolled up?
thx
The access cover does not work with the utliti-track option, they may have one in the future. Check out the covers from Extangs. The truxedo works with the utliti-track option and it has the supports inside when rolled up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Extang :futwice: :cheers:

·
Registered
514 Posts
It took up very little room when rolled up on my tundra. Maybe 3-4". The only problem I had with it was when I put my ATV in the back the tires just touched the bottom, but not enough to hurt it. With the Titan's deeper bed, it should be clear of them all-together.

I have talked with Access, and they are in the process of making a cover to work with the Utili-Track. The more I think of it, the more I plan on waiting for that one. I really liked my Access cover.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thx for the info. I forgot to mention that mine didnt come with the ulitytrack. Also, the reason I like the Access because they don't use velcro.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bvstone1 said:
There's one with a truxedo here, see the pictures section.

Access does have a cover that will work, but you have to remove the side tracks. They are working on one that this won't be a problem.

I really liked my Access cover I had on my Tundra.. I may wait. But the Truxedo one looks nice too..
Thanks bvstone1!

Found deepwater's pics today. That Truxedo is a great looking cover! Should fill the bill for me and my 5th wheel hitch. This site is sure helpfull for those of us who are looking for help!

Thanks guys!!!!

Campsmoke :cheers:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
campsmoke said:
Went to a parts dealer today and inquired about the Truxedo soft roll up tonneau cover. He said that they were not a good cover and that he only reccommends the Access roll up tonneau cover. Anyone checked them out previously, like on any other truck? Need to decide.

Campsmoke :lookaroun
Thats funny! I went to alot dealers, Waldoch converions. LeeRoys ect. They told me the TruXedo Was the only cover they perfer to sell. They said they had way fewer problems with them, and they stand by there Lifetime warranty. Every part is covered. That parts guy your talking about might have said those things because HE gets a better Deal on them, and makes more cash. I have had my cover on for somtime now, And have not had one problem with it. It's very dry! It's a tight fit! and it looks great! Just my two cents. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
amati5 said:
Thx for the info. I forgot to mention that mine didnt come with the ulitytrack. Also, the reason I like the Access because they don't use velcro.
Access uses velcro on the sides likeI assume the truxedo cover.. not in back, though. Access kinda locks down into posistion. Not sure about truxedo, but they look very similar, even down do the adjustors in the front to keep it tight.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
amati5 said:
thx
amati5...
It's hard for me to see how the Access cover takes up less space. The Access is NOT a LOW profile cover, and they as of yet do not make one that I'm aware of. The TruXedo has less material for the cover. IT's smaller in hight, with a very low profile. It rolls up very tight! I cant see where the Access is going to take up LESS space, I would think it should take up more space. Or maybe the same space. The Access has more material,( is bigger over all in size) because of it's taller frame rails, this cover I whould think has got to take up more space then the TruXedo. Just my thoughts. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
If the access cover does take up more spaced rolled up, it won't be by enough to really complain about. And if the Access material is thicker, I would think that it may be stronger and worth the extra 1/2" diameter or less when rolled up.

The Access cover uses 45 degree rails. It's not ugly by any means, and I actually like how it sticks up a little. The Truxedo as a 29 degree (or something like that) angle in their low profile version from what I've read.

They both seem to be very good covers. Depending on how long it takes for Access to get a cover that will work with the track system, I may buy either. I know I'd be happy either way, but in this case I'm simply waiting for something I'm familiar with.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
bvstone1 said:
Access uses velcro on the sides likeI assume the truxedo cover.. not in back, though. Access kinda locks down into posistion. Not sure about truxedo, but they look very similar, even down do the adjustors in the front to keep it tight.
Yes the TruXedo uses velcro on the sides. It also locks or snaps in place at the tailgate. The self adjusters are differant, TruXedo uses Stainless steal springs/adjusters. They call it spring loaded tension control, stays tight in any weather, and has rubber SEALS on ALL Four sides! Installation is QUICK and easy! You can do it yourself if you want. It is a very SLEEK Aerodynamic appearance that helps increase mpg. Just letting those interested know. :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
bvstone1 said:
If the access cover does take up more spaced rolled up, it won't be by enough to really complain about. And if the Access material is thicker, I would think that it may be stronger and worth the extra 1/2" diameter or less when rolled up.

The Access cover uses 45 degree rails. It's not ugly by any means, and I actually like how it sticks up a little. The Truxedo as a 29 degree (or something like that) angle in their low profile version from what I've read.

They both seem to be very good covers. Depending on how long it takes for Access to get a cover that will work with the track system, I may buy either. I know I'd be happy either way, but in this case I'm simply waiting for something I'm familiar with.
TruXedo claims that thier vinyl coated leather grain fabric is 18 oz. and is the stongest fabric in the market place. With 10 Times the tear strength of other covers. They also showed me 3 guys standing on the cover, and it did not tear or come lose. At least thats what they claim. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Deepwater said:
amati5...
It's hard for me to see how the Access cover takes up less space. The Access is NOT a LOW profile cover, and they as of yet do not make one that I'm aware of. The TruXedo has less material for the cover. IT's smaller in hight, with a very low profile. It rolls up very tight! I cant see where the Access is going to take up LESS space, I would think it should take up more space. Or maybe the same space. The Access has more material,( is bigger over all in size) because of it's taller frame rails, this cover I whould think has got to take up more space then the TruXedo. Just my thoughts. :)
That's the thing, when I looked at many different types of soft covers mostly from their web sites, not a single manufacturer show their cover when it's rolled up to the front of the bed. The Access, from its demo video and even though not shown clearly, doesn't seem to take much space. Bvstone1 mentined it takes about 3-4" on his Tundra and that seems to be acceptable to me. How much space does the Truxedo take?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
amati5 said:
That's the thing, when I looked at many different types of soft covers mostly from their web sites, not a single manufacturer show their cover when it's rolled up to the front of the bed. The Access, from its demo video and even though not shown clearly, doesn't seem to take much space. Bvstone1 mentined it takes about 3-4" on his Tundra and that seems to be acceptable to me. How much space does the Truxedo take?
amati5...
? Have you tried looking at (www.truxedo.com.) and also (www.AnythingTruck.com) or (www.truckaddons.com.) These and other web sites show pic's of the covers rolled all the way up. Also many of them sell alot of differant brands, so you can compare covers. They have some nice pic's of covers with lots of info. I have not put a tape to it yet, but it takes very little space. If you ask me it's all about the quality and the look, What you think looks best for your truck. To me it's hard to beat the look and quality of the TruXedo cover. The Access used to come with just a 3 year warranty, but this year they started offering a lifetime. I'm very happy with my cover! It's easy to use, and it fits like a glove, I've been threw many car wash's and no water gets by the cover! The rubber seals seem to work great! I hope this info is of some help to you. :) Deepwater

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Deepwater!

I will get the Tuxedo Low Profile! Just got an e-mail from Access Tonneau covers - they said that production of a soft cover for the Nissan Titan would begin April 5th!

LE King Cab -4x4 - Loaded except for Nav - Moonroof - Reverse Sensing System - Just installed Bug Guard.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
campsmoke said:
Thanks Deepwater!

I will get the Tuxedo Low Profile! Just got an e-mail from Access Tonneau covers - they said that production of a soft cover for the Nissan Titan would begin April 5th!

LE King Cab -4x4 - Loaded except for Nav - Moonroof - Reverse Sensing System - Just installed Bug Guard.
Glad to help! Thats what were here for, To help out and give some info when we can! I know you will not be dissapointed with the TruXedo! It's a great cover! :cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had seen the nissan factory soft cover. I saw it in the nissan catalog and it looked nice. Didnt know if anyone knew how it worked. I have a soft cover for my last truck but it was button on. It worked great and no buttons broke but it was a pain to remove and put on. Thanks for any info and special thanks for all the info on truxedo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nissan Tonneau

I've had the Nissan Tonneau on order for the past couple of weeks and I've been assured by the dealership parts guy that it will be released onto the market in early April. It looks decent in the catalog and I'm a little more comfortable with the price as opposed to some of the atermarkets. I'll post with some info once it finally shows-up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts