Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the market for a truck. i have been a die hard ford guy my whole life. i have always like the looks of the titan but never thought about buying one till now. what are some problems yall have had with them? whats the mileage your getting? i like the 06 and newer models. i will use the truck mainly for hauling a camper and maybe a 32' gooseneck trailer and just driving around. what are your opinions?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've got an 06, but if money was no problem, I'd wait a few months and drive a 2011 off the show room floor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its gotta be 4x4 and i dont like to buy vehicles new cos theyre value drops so fast.
gt how do you like the 06? ne problems?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I'd say 2007 titan Comes with the VVT motor and you can still get tru-trac and it comes with a better exhaust.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,465 Posts
The 08 has got to be a contender!

·
Registered
163 Posts
08+ Nissan seems to have fixed the major probs with the earlier trucks

Reactions: Big_Rob

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
08, but im biased lol; the newer models are better cause of the fixed problems and they have much better performance than the older ones, get a pro-4x i wish i had gotten one but i love my 2wd Titan to death

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dont really understand why a 2WD SE would be, doesnt even have VVT, updated exhaust, new shackles etc....
my opinion is based on a technician's point of view. Have you experienced working on 2004 through 2010 Titans? Performed any of the TSBs? Test drove at least 2-3 Titans every single working day? Diagnosed an electrical concern on a Titan? i don't really understand why people shoot down other people's opinions... sheesh!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
There's absolutely no doubt the 2005 Titan offered the most standard equipment and runs the best 1/4 mile with some mods.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Get a 08 pro4x. Its a 4x4, has all of the goodies, and looks meaner than the rest of the line.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I'd say 2007 titan Comes with the VVT motor and you can still get tru-trac and it comes with a better exhaust.
IMHO, it is the 07. I do have the 07, so I am biased. But Lazieguy makes the best observations with the motor and the available upgrades. And from my understanding, the rears are less likely to grenade. Again, my opinion.

Reactions: SuperTighty5.6

·
Super Moderator
37,029 Posts
Also the color makes a difference... everyone knows that Smoke is the best ..;)

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
2010 after six years they have gotten most of the bugs out of it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have an 06 and have 92000 miles. I went through 2 radiators and the second one is my fault for not buying an all aluminum one to begin with. Other than that no major problems. Best truck I've ever owned. I drive it like I stole it and cannot help acting like a teenager trying to race everybody. LOL go 2006

·
Registered
520 Posts
IMO: 08 and up
2008 saw more updates than any other year. It has larger axles and brakes. 20" wheels on LE. Updated interior and exhaust. Lighted steering wheel controls. Express up and down on front windows. Bluetooth (started in 08?). I'm sure I missed a few.

What I like the most:
-Climate control, set temp and forget it (LE only)
-Express up on front windows, surprisingly handy
-Bluetooth
-Big tow mirrors, no need to look over your shoulder when changing lanes
-Satellite Radio
-Wide power rear window (not sue when this stated)

Anyway, you have come to right place. I test drove an 04, continued to follow the truck using this web site and finally pulled the trigger on a new 08. Best of luck

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
-Express up and down on front windows.
-Express up on front windows, surprisingly handy
-Big tow mirrors, no need to look over your shoulder when changing lanes
-Wide power rear window (not sue when this stated)
That's all LE stuff, doesn't matter the model year (Big Tow is an option for any package).

I tow a gooseneck and you'll most likely need a 16" Pop-up Industries pin extender on Crew Cab SB. CC Long Beds are available for 08+.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts