Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed a whining noise when crusing. i can't tell if its comming from the engine , tranny, or rear. does anyone else hear this. i thought maybe it is the intake but i don't know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have the whinning noise!!
I thinks it started when i installed the spindles, drop bearing, etc?
Need to find out what it is.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ditto, let me know.. i also think my rear end is going.. today i noticed in reverse it clunks ever half foot i go...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The diff will start whinning prior to going out. Better have it checked. Chek to see if the whinning is only when you are pressing on the accelerator or if the whinning continues when you are coasting. If it stops when coasting, probably your diff going out. Also, most of the time the whinning is at certain speeds, 50-55 or maybe 65-70. Other times it will be quiet. Your intervals might be different but will probably be consistent.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I have the same issue, Only does it between 55-60mph. I just need to find time to visit my friendly dealership. Better free now than $$$ Later.:D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sounds to me like the rear Diff is on its way out thats the way mine went out I took it to the dealer and they replaced it asap. My new rear diff is doing the same thing its been around six months since the fix and its still running but that darn whine is still there. my 45,000 mile service is coming up soon so I will let the dealer take a look at it then hope I can make it till then!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I personally think it is just normal drive train noise. It is possible that this is a harmonic that is more noticeable with the hollow aluminum drive shaft as apposed to a solid steel shaft. I went from an 05 to an 07 Titan and the noise is the same. I am not going to worry about it anymore until I start approaching the 5 year, 60000 mile warranty limit . Then I will have it thoroughly inspected for peace of mind.

·
Registered
55 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
I am not going to worry about it anymore until I start approaching the 5 year, 60000 mile warranty limit . Then I will have it thoroughly inspected for peace of mind.
My '05 only has a 3 year, 36K warranty. :teeth: I guess Nissan has upped their warranties, which is cool.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I also have a very loud whining noise....oh wait...crap...it's my blower....lol....zzzzzzooooommmmmmmm :jester:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
EvilPeppard said:
My '05 only has a 3 year, 36K warranty. :teeth: I guess Nissan has upped their warranties, which is cool.
Uh, it's 5 years or 60K for the powertrain. Powertrain= engine,transmission, differentials, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts