Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probaly going to purchase the radflo 2.0 coilovers to level out my titan 4x4 and make room for new wheels and tires. Was just wanting to get some opinions from people who have these on their trucks. Are these worth money or should I just go w/ a spacer from PRG.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
well worth the money! i have the 2.0 radflo rear shocks and so far have withstood the frequent punishment i've dished out on them. Greg has spec'd and valved them just right.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
what do the 2" rear radflo's look like? also what do rear saws look like and what's the price difference and performance, can the saws droop more or go on with a higher rear lift or anything? just weighting out what I will end up doing as well...

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Radflows are great. I have done some off-roading and they held up great. The difference between them and stock is huge on and off road.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
They are a Great Coil-over & direct replacment.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
that looks like a front shock... I'm mostly intrested in the rears as all the coilovers look similar imo... I'm sure the rears do also, but I don't know if the saws and radflo's look just like the DR rears or what... so that's why I ask.. and I solely meant the difference in performance of the radflo vs saw :lol: not to sound like a butt, but I completely understand their ALL way better than stock... I also understand the 2.5" body is stonger and it probably holds more oil so it has longer cooling capacity... next to an exterior res it's the best thing we have available... BUT what is the difference in performance of the REAR radflo and saw and what is the Price difference between them, and what do the REAR saw and radflos look like? :p

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hawaiianbasshead said:
what do the 2" rear radflo's look like? also what do rear saws look like and what's the price difference and performance, can the saws droop more or go on with a higher rear lift or anything? just weighting out what I will end up doing as well...
Here they are...the rears from Greg....

Top is the rear and the bottom is the front.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
TitanicDJ said:
Here they are...the rears from Greg....

Top is the rear and the bottom is the front.

nice pic DJ! i was about to go outside and take a pic of my rear 2.0 Radflos! saved me the trouble unless basshead still wants to see them mounted and see a shock rod exposed to full travel...:lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I want to see one for a not so lifted app and non exterior res :p LOL AND installed :p full droop would just be iceing on the cake...

and how bout a price too then you can pm me if you don't want to post it :D what height lift is that model rear for also? I'm still intrested in seeing a saw rear, exterior res is fine if it's for small to no lift :(

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:( ok, so do the saws come in exterior res for minimul to no lift? I now realise when I originally read on PRG the radflo's are specifically for large lifts only? 6" or or CST 7"... so unless I happen across a lift for free I'm best off with the saw's :( which I'm not frowning on, just the fact that I can't get a lift :lol:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Hawaiianbasshead said:
:( ok, so do the saws come in exterior res for minimul to no lift? I now realise when I originally read on PRG the radflo's are specifically for large lifts only? 6" or or CST 7"... so unless I happen across a lift for free I'm best off with the saw's :( which I'm not frowning on, just the fact that I can't get a lift :lol:
if you're not going to lift it or even if you do a mild lift, the Donahoe rear shock PRG sells is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Yeah, if you aren't going to lift, I would suggest DR's in the front and Bilsteins or DR's in the back. It will ride and perform so much better.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
so... what benefit do the saw's have?

but I CAN flip the hat on a DR to get almost 5" on the front... could I flip, and still scew it down and get like a 4" flat and not kill everything? or is the sway bar the main limiter on the 4x front along with the coil bucket? I did a bit of research, and found the saw's to recently be the favored flavor? but from what I know with other vehicles DR's can be cadillac...

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
SAW's are cheaper. I don't know anything about flipping hats to get more lift. But the main limiter is the coil bucket. More than 2" of lift on a 4wd and 2.5" of lift on a 2wd, with the stock arms, you will run into many many problems.

From what I have been told, the DR's are better for the street duty, whereas the SAW's are more suited for off road beatings.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You still would need an aftermarket upper A-arm to lift the front that much.

The main advantage of the SAW is more droop travel and the valving is by PRG, (but only if you buy them from him, or pay him for custom valving).

Btw, the DREs w/hat flipped ... my gut feeling is they won't compare to even a bracket lifted truck with proper coilovers from PRG, like Radflo 2.5" for lifted, or the new lifted SAWs that only PRG has, (for a quality high speed setup.

The only reason I mentioned the hat flip to you, is that you were looking for a cheap way to get 4x4 ground clearance. Used DREs plus some used TC or PRG uppers, and you can get the undercarriage clearance and also fit taller tires. This will not be a desert racer, but will fit the specific application you were asking about, giving more ground clearance than a bracket.

The hat flip for moderate speed running might be o.k. for someone that already has them, like me, if it means I could get 2" to 2.5" inches of lift to be level, and I could crank the DREs down to minimum pre-load or 0" lift. But even at 4" it might be better than having the DREs set to maximum pre-load.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I understand the uppers and I want droop so I'd like an upper anyway :D

SAW vs DRE, very glad someone answered my question on the difference between SAW and DRE, THANK YOU :D . now it's clear why saw's require new uca's :D the droop with REALLY make the upper nail the coil bucket :lol: I kinda assumed so much as I couldn't figure how else they needed uppers... unless they have such large body and springs they hit themselves which I really doubted :D

yeah no doubt a jimmy rigged lift will compare to a well thought out more proper angulated front suspension lifted :lol: if that makes sense... meaning the upper and lower arms will be closer to stock alignment in relativity to parallelness with the ground... as for the bracket I'm guessing the brackets are the subframe and block/spacer lift like a stock CST 7"...?...

I only plan on getting products through Greg or products which were originally sourced through him :D

lastly, I don't think I'd need to do a hat flip, I think with a SAW and a leveling spacer I could get close to the same 4" with some healthy preload.. unless only the DRE's can be used for that much lift on a 4x...?

U are the best! all you guys :D if you ever come to HI we can kick it, beers on me :D if it's a whole MEET you guys gotta pick ONE type of beer and I'll just get a keg :p don't wanna be spending hundreds on beer since I don't drink very much :lol: yes, sadly english is my primary language I just so happen to suck at it... I don't really know what an adjective is even so I'm sure some people have a hard time reading, understanding what I'm trying to say without getting the wrong information from what I intended to say... I'm sure you guys all got the beer part fine though :D

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Hawaiianbasshead said:
I understand the uppers and I want droop so I'd like an upper anyway :D

SAW vs DRE, very glad someone answered my question on the difference between SAW and DRE, THANK YOU :D . now it's clear why saw's require new uca's :D the droop with REALLY make the upper nail the coil bucket :lol: I kinda assumed so much as I couldn't figure how else they needed uppers... unless they have such large body and springs they hit themselves which I really doubted :D

yeah no doubt a jimmy rigged lift will compare to a well thought out more proper angulated front suspension lifted :lol: if that makes sense... meaning the upper and lower arms will be closer to stock alignment in relativity to parallelness with the ground... as for the bracket I'm guessing the brackets are the subframe and block/spacer lift like a stock CST 7"...?...

I only plan on getting products through Greg or products which were originally sourced through him :D

lastly, I don't think I'd need to do a hat flip, I think with a SAW and a leveling spacer I could get close to the same 4" with some healthy preload.. unless only the DRE's can be used for that much lift on a 4x...?

U are the best! all you guys :D if you ever come to HI we can kick it, beers on me :D if it's a whole MEET you guys gotta pick ONE type of beer and I'll just get a keg :p don't wanna be spending hundreds on beer since I don't drink very much :lol: yes, sadly english is my primary language I just so happen to suck at it... I don't really know what an adjective is even so I'm sure some people have a hard time reading, understanding what I'm trying to say without getting the wrong information from what I intended to say... I'm sure you guys all got the beer part fine though :D
Beer????? :cheers: :cheers:

have the CST 7" and I love it. I have install pics if you want them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
hm, so leveling spacers can't even be bolted onto the SAW's at all? since they give almost 4" lift I could do a spacer and drop the spring to less than half lift so it still has some quality of ride to it... mostly concerned with the handling/death wobble or major dangerous problems as such. but I would like it to be smoother over bumps...

throwing the angles further outta wack would also give me worse steering right? like bump steer? I'd love to have about 4" in the front I allready have a 2.5" spacer so I'd definetly have preload on my coilovers whichever I ended up getting if I could indeed run them with the spacer, the DR sounds like I could flip the hat and therefore don't need the spacer, but the saw seems to be the more fun/capable offroading shock, so I suppose I'm better off with the saw at around 4" lift rather than the DRE with 5" or even 4" for that matter...

would there be a difference in ride on the road with the DRE hat flipped and set to around 4" than a SAW with a 2.5" leveling spacer and set to 4" total front? I'd imagine with the SAW screwed that far down it'd ride better than the DRE set that far up?

I do prefer the color of the DRE since my truck is green... the red would look kinda hoakie :lol: I'm probably gonna order the performance lift from PRG maybe I should just pm or email him as to which would be better :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts