Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some pictures and true insight on the system....Is it worth the money or should I just get a flowmaster 50 series? I'm looking to order something tomorrow
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,751 Posts
I have it and have posted photos as well as sounds on the Banks Monster Exhaust thread. There are plenty of answers and discussions there for you to help you decide.

Personally, I love it. It was easy to put on and it is louder than stock but not too and I would bet it is quieter than the flowmaster 50 . . . Plus the Banks is really purty. . . :cheers:

37L1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
37L1 said:
I have it and have posted photos as well as sounds on the Banks Monster Exhaust thread. There are plenty of answers and discussions there for you to help you decide.

Personally, I love it. It was easy to put on and it is louder than stock but not too and I would bet it is quieter than the flowmaster 50 . . . Plus the Banks is really purty. . . :cheers:

37L1
The pictures look like the exhaust is rubbing on your spare? How much room do have between the exhaust and tire? So do you think the flowmaster would be the way to go? I would save 400+ dollars
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lizardking said:
The pictures look like the exhaust is rubbing on your spare? How much room do have between the exhaust and tire? So do you think the flowmaster would be the way to go? I would save 400+ dollars

How many miles where on your truck when you pulled exhaust? Just curious to how the bolts will be to take off. I have 3700 on her now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Banks Monster install on 4x4 KC

I have installed the Banks on my SE 4x4 KC.
Had about 1K miles and the stock exhaust came off with no problems. Did the swap in my garage without having to use stands or ramps, took about an hour.

After about a week running the exhaust I’m getting use to the loudness of it, if you keep your foot out of it you can keep the sound pretty mellow. But put your foot in it while cruising and you’ll think your at some NASCAR event.. pretty loud.

I installed the small heat shield blanket on the cross-over pipe that comes pretty close to the transfer case and some wiring. This might be a 4x4 issue only, but I wrapped the wires and the plastic housing with some aerospace heat tape just in case. (see pictures).
The pipe does not come close enough to the spare to worry about.

The stock muffler did have some serious heating discoloration in one section of it, which tells me it’s not the most free flowing design.

Overall, the exhaust fits perfect, is designed to flow much better and did seem to add little power across a wide range. The sound is borderline a little to loud for me, hopefully it won’t get much louder with time. And this comes from someone that has modified or changed every exhaust on every car I have owned, even the wife’s cars. The wife said it was to loud for her Armada, so I’ll wait awhile and see what else comes out for the Armada/Titan

I haven’t checked the mpg yet, but just keeping my foot out of the gas to keep the sound down should help the mileage.

BWW, Dailups beware, large images

http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 001a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 002a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 003a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 004a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 005a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 006a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 007a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 008a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 009a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 010a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 011a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 012a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 013a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 014a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 015a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 016a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 017a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 018a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 019a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 022a.jpg
http://www.s4play.com/titan/titan 023a.jpg

If you want to see a full size image remove the "a" from the file name. (broadband only)

S4Titan

SE 4x4 KC
Off road
RF pwr captains
Utility bed
Big tow
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
393 Posts
S4Titan said:
The wife said it was to loud for her Armada, so I’ll wait awhile and see what else comes out for the Armada/Titan

S4Titan

SE 4x4 KC
Off road
RF pwr captains
Utility bed
Big tow
Banks has already lengthened the muffler to make it quiter for the Armada. It is the same price as the Titan exhaust! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Armada Muffler

:huh:
Titanparts1 said:
Banks has already lengthened the muffler to make it quiter for the Armada. It is the same price as the Titan exhaust! :cheers:
Jamie,

So do you think Banks will swap mufflers with me, for an Armada one?
Probablly just need to trim the y pipe some for it to fit.

Ordered from you on the 23rd/24th only been on the truck 1 week, let me know if you can do anything.

Thanks-
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top