Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
295/70/18?

who has them?? just wondering what kind of gas mileage are you getting with them?
can the loss mileage come back with an CAI and Super chip?

need some help with this guys, i got some extra money and i wanna get some new meats. my original thought was to get the 275/70/18 but i was just seeing if i should just go a little bigger?? :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone??

come on guys :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
My stock tires were 32.7" ( same as that metric size ). i have a bully dog tuner cai and exhaust. I averaged 13 mpg under normal driving.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is that with your 35's?

·
Registered
979 Posts
No i average about 10 to 12 with 35s. Havent had them long enough to really know.

-Dave

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's not too bad

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have the 295/70/18s. I have pictures of them in my profile with a 2" level and then the PC 6". I wouldnt get them without at least a 3-4" lift. I assume you are talking about the Trail Grapplers. They make a 285/65/18 that would be a better fit for a stock or leveled T. My gas mileage is around 11-12, and I'm not easy on it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you think a 285/65/18 is a better choice than a 278/70/18?

·
Registered
899 Posts
It all depends on your height. For me, if I did it all over again, I would go with:

stock or 2" level - 285/65/18
3-4" lift - 295/70/18
6" lift - 35 x 12.5

I saw a picture of 275/70/18 Toyo MTs on here a month or two ago. It looked fine, but not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm fine with the 285/65/18's
should i get a 2" leveling kit and replace the UCA's?

·
Registered
979 Posts
i'm fine with the 285/65/18's
should i get a 2" leveling kit and replace the UCA's?
Run the rough country 3" leveling kit. It includes new UCA. I have this kit and i do really like it. It will totally level your titan too.

-Dave

·
Registered
899 Posts
All of the Rough Country trucks I have seen in pictures look really tall. Seems to be a great bang for your buck. You could get a little bigger tires with that setup also. Are you 2wd? There are several Rough Country threads on here with pictures.

·
Registered
979 Posts
All of the Rough Country trucks I have seen in pictures look really tall. Seems to be a great bang for your buck. You could get a little bigger tires with that setup also. Are you 2wd? There are several Rough Country threads on here with pictures.
Yeah it is a pretty tall level. I can get you pictures when im on my laptop. I know i could have easily fit 35s under there wih just the rc 3" and alot of pwm'ing. Alot of people bash it and alot of people bash body lifts but i love the look of my titan and i have both.

-Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does rough country have a 1.5 spacer with it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a 2wd

·
Registered
979 Posts
3" leveling kit from rough country comes with UCA and 2.5" spacers. It will work on 2wd, but you may wanna check out cst 4" spindle lift, thats for 2wd only.

-Dave

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wouldn't mind the spidles at all, just a little pricey that's all.
but hey you pay to play

·
Registered
899 Posts
i wouldn't mind the spidles at all, just a little pricey that's all.
but hey you pay to play
The good thing is you can do both spindles and RC spacer. You could do the RC now and the spindle later. Your truck would be taller than the 6" lifted 4x4 guys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts