Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in AZ. Debating getting Katzkin once I get the money.

The only con I can see is the AZ heat. How hot does leather really get? I've drove vehicles with it, but never owned a vehicle with it.

Who likes or doesn't like it?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I live in Texas and have had leather in almost all of my cars. It doesn't get as hot as vinyl. You don't stick to it, if that's what you are asking. Do you need to watch bare skin in the summer time? Yup, but as long as you keep a sunshade in your car, you'll be fine. I stopped getting cloth years ago because I have dogs and dog hair doesn't come out of cloth.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I'm in AZ. Debating getting Katzkin once I get the money.

The only con I can see is the AZ heat. How hot does leather really get? I've drove vehicles with it, but never owned a vehicle with it.

Who likes or doesn't like it?
It definately has more pros than cons. I had it installed in my 07 SE with Katzkins and loved it. When I traded it, I made sure my new Titan had it.

My 2 tone Katzkin with blk contrast stitching...

front interior.jpg

back interior.jpg

My Pro4x ;eather in blk w/ red stitching......

2011 Pro4x Interior 2.JPG

2011 Pro4x Interior 1.jpg

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I LOVE my Katzkins...you can do what I have and get the suede inserts. They don't heat up at all and wear great. I was nervous at first, but they've been in for a year and still look brand new. They actually look better now than in the pictures since the leather is stretched out and not so tight on the seats...

I even got some dirty transmission fluid on the passenger side suede and it came right off with a paper towel and water...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm in AZ and I have it. Heck my last 4 trucks have had it since 2005.

All of the vehicles I buy have come with it due to the trim package that I have bought them with. As long as you watch the bare skin factor in the summer than you will be OK.

Having a 2 year old leather is clearly the right choice when cleaning up accidents....

One added bonus for you since your adding it - your resale value should go up :)

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Leather is definitely the way to go. I live in FL. Not only is it cooler than vinyl, but it is easier to clean and last longer than cloth. Also, you will like it if you have youngsters.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
I had to call Katzkins and get phone #'s to local installers.
Thanx RBT. You'd think they'd have a dealer locator on their website.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have Katzkins and live in a climate that can get hot, although not as hot as AZ. I have never had an issue with the seats getting too hot. It's been getting as low as 10 degrees in my area, so heated seats has been a nice addition.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Personally I wouldn't have anything else but leather. As another poster said, bare skin on sun baked leather can be something to avoid but it doesn't seem to get as hot as vinyl. Just my .02.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts