Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Find a copy and rent it (netflix has it). You now want to know what to do about high gas prices, but you do not understand how we were all sold out about 10 years ago. :thedevil:
Today we should have 30 to 40% of our cars on the road using no gas at all. What do you think we would be paying at the pump now with 40% of autos using only electric power?
I was shocked after watching this movie. I could not believe the media has not talked about the EV1 cars and how GM took them back and crushed all of these new cars back in the 90's. Google EV1 and read for yourself, but you really need to rent the movie. You will also need to take your GOP card out of your pocket until after the movie is over. Try not to think of this as your party or ours, but what was really was going on back then.
I think we were all sold out by GM and the Oil Companies and are paying the price at the pump today.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
We killed it because we would not buy it. Remember, movies are fiction.
As I remember, the car was slow, would only go a few miles without recharging, and the batteries cost around $5,000, and that technology still isn't accelpable. The new electric cars have gas motors to help drive the car and recharge the battery. We have the Honda Civic hybrid here at school, with 2 men in it, it will run around 75 and gets about 42 mpg.
I can't believe people still fall for this propaganda.
"My uncle had a design for a carburator that made any car get 100 mpg, and the oil companies bought it and got rid of it."
These kind of stupid things have been going around for over 50 years, and people still fall for it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
intrepid said:
You sir are the one in denial, it must be to painful for you to except. I'm sure you could never watch the movie because you can not deal with the truth.
Check out youtube for movie shorts of what happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHQ4cEr5Wao

the movie short
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSBykAngDpY&mode=related&search=

better than a gas car?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqtJpfZElQ&mode=related&search=

yea, I know you think they are all lying. :ftard:
If GM had a viable option to a gas powered auto, they would be selling millions of them and would still be the # 1 auto company.
GM spent 1 billion developing the car that no one wanted until GM decided to kill the project.
I watched Star Wars, Matrix, and Pirates of the Caribbean, but I do know what fiction is. Some people do not know the difference.
Now the auto giant is crushing the little car. The market was just not big enough, auto executives insist. They say they can't sell the cars because GM would incur an obligation to maintain the EV1. GM is unable to service the car, executives say, because many of the companies that participated in the EVI project no longer make parts for the electric vehicle.
Now nearly 100 people are demanding an opportunity to buy the cars.

While GM has given several of the cars to universities and automobile museums, there are no plans to give in to the electric car enthusiasts. GM officials say they spent $1 billion on the EV1 project and the little car had every opportunity to succeed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah and electricity grows on trees now? wow didn't get the memo on that one.

Just because it doesn't use gas doesn't mean its economically sound. That power has to come somewhere and if it isn't from a Nuke plant then its coming from some polluting facility(i guess unless you live next to the hoover dam or have a bunch of those windmills/solar panels in your back yard.) Its just another one of those Al Gore/Treehugging propagandist horse manure.

If 40% of the cars on the road right now were electric, i would crawl up into a ball and cower everytime i opened up my power bill.

Besides when the ice caps start to melt we can make a Galaxian Frozen Margarita.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Gas wouldn't be so bad if we had enough actually had enough refineries to refine the oil.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Experience a 2007 GEM Battery-Electric Vehicle!

Nearly 10 years ago, Global Electric Motorcars, a DaimlerChrysler company, introduced its first electric vehicle, and today, still strives to design the most innovative line of vehicles that are versatile, efficient and affordable. With six models and a variety of options, customers around the world are discovering how driving a battery-electric vehicle can impact their lives. GEM vehicles are sophisticated, yet practical, and are perfect for short-distance transportation. Experience a 2007 GEM vehicle and embrace the power of clean, efficient and reliable electric driving.
There are a lot of electric cars on the market, DaimlerChrysler has several models, so no one can say that GM killed the electric car, they just killed their electric car.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Too inefficient. Design is not far enough along
Major hurdles

Battery technology, too heavy too exotic and way too toxic for mass consumption

Using electricity just pushes the problem back to the power plants. Generating electricity just adds to the inefficiency, distribution and capacity problems we now face just lighting our homes.

Queer designs

Get a Segway, thats the closest thing to an acceptable electric powered plug- in currently offered.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If you take a look at inflation, gas is about where it should be.

If you don't like high gas prices then walk, ride your bike, or get a vehicle that gets better mileage. It seems like a pretty simple solution to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you watch the short clips? In the movie it talks about the first type of batteries not working that great, but the second type worked well over 100 miles per charge.
Try checking out the movie it will answer most of the questions you think you already know. I think some of you will be VERY surprised at what was going at the time the movie was made and then flash foreword to today and the gas prices we are paying now.

·
Premium Member
43,111 Posts
I do believe that we would be alot closer to a alternatively fueled car if the oil industries didn't stand to lose a huge profit! I don't know that it would be electric.

You really don't think that the billion dollar oil industries are just going to sit by and watch someone ruin their market do you???????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I do, why is it you do not?
Because you think the experts Exxon hired to lied about it were telling the truth? Why would an oil company lie about something like that?

You my friend need to STOP watching Fox news and start reading newspapers from around the world. Start using your brain instead of asking to be spoon-fed your talking points.
Have you ever wonder why as you change the news channels they are all repeating the same talking points or the same topics over and over again? Also your reasons why you don't thing it is true are the same talking points I have heard before.

I will bet you could not sit down and watch the movie if you tried. You my friend are one of the 28% that no one will ever be able to talk to or reason with.
how sad for you.

PHP:
I bet you believe every bit of this too huh?

http://www.climatecrisis.net/

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
intrepid said:
Yes I do, why is it you do not?
Because you think the experts Exxon hired to lied about it were telling the truth? Why would an oil company lie about something like that?

You my friend need to STOP watching Fox news and start reading newspapers from around the world. Start using your brain instead of asking to be spoon-fed your talking points.
Have you ever wonder why as you change the news channels they are all repeating the same talking points or the same topics over and over again? Also your reasons why you don't thing it is true are the same talking points I have heard before.

I will bet you could not sit down and watch the movie if you tried. You my friend are one of the 28% that no one will ever be able to talk to or reason with.
how sad for you.

PHP:

What good would it do for Exxon to stop one electric car from being made when there are still dozens of them being made. It would be a waste of their time and money.
When you graduate from high school, and start working for a living, you will have a better understanding of the liberal media you seem to love.

Hey, Michael Moore has a couple of movies out, I bet you would love them.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
You bet your lithium ion battery they are. From the $400,000 Venturi Fetish pictured above to the $105,000 Commutercar Tango and $100,000 Tesla, these cars are fast and capable. The new Tesla will smoke a Ferrari with 3.9 seconds 0-60 acceleration and still able to travel 250 miles on a single charge.

Now, admittedly, most of us can't afford a $100,000 electric sports car, but hope appears to be on the way in the form of Mitsubishi's MIEV and Subaru R1e battery electric prototypes

Although the major carmakers largely abandoned the idea of battery electric cars, Mitsubishi(top left) and Subaru (top right) announced in 2005 that they would be manufacturing lithium ion-powered cars before 2010. AC Propulsion also is working on a Toyota Scion conversion, and Cleanova in France is developing an electric version of the Renault Kangoo (bottom right) with an integrated APU range-extender in co-operation with TM4 Engineering in Canada.

Both the Tango and Tesla can out-accelerate most of the world's fastest production sport cars, the Tesla doing 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

They're not your usual electric car, but neither do they cost an arm and leg, either. And they are available today. The zebra-stripped EV is a Chinese model imported by ZAP. It's got a top speed of 40 mph, so its meant for in-town travel. The Meyers NMG (formerly Corbin Sparrow) is designed for highway travel -- for one. Both have roughly a 30 mile range between recharges.
Here are a few electric cars, fast with 250 miles range, $400,000, what most people can afford, 40 mph, 30 mile range.

GM spent $1,000,000,000.00, (1 Billion) and still did not have a product worth selling.

·
Registered
976 Posts
rholland said:
Here are a few electric cars, fast with 250 miles range, $400,000, what most people can afford, 40 mph, 30 mile range.

GM spent $1,000,000,000.00, (1 Billion) and still did not have a product worth selling.
in the last 20 years, what new product has GM been first to market with, and that has help propel the auto industry forward to another level? There may have been something, but i can't think of one.

Possibly part of the problem is that it was a GM design, or it was designed to fail in the first place. I haven't seen the clip, don't know if i will bother either, but my guess is GM wrote off the $1 billion as a public relations expense, not R&D.

·
Registered
976 Posts
FtWTitan said:

It's just all smoke and mirrors man, wooo hooo! climate change, bring it on!! Man has had absolutely no effect on the natural environment at all at all at all, period!! God created the earth for us, or at least those of us who are in his own image, right? Therefore it is only god that can take it away, right? We, little ol me and you and everyone else can't change that, right? I just have one question thats been nagging me, if we don't have an impact, why do we recycle? aye? huh?

·
Registered
578 Posts
BigA said:
Gas wouldn't be so bad if we had enough actually had enough refineries to refine the oil.

I definitely agree with you on that. also each state has a different blend which hikes up the prices

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kman,

I think the reason the bible was written was to keep mankind living in peace. There are a lot of nut jobs out there so we needed something hanging over their heads to keep them in check. Today the bible is the biggest money making scam in history. I see all these mega churches going up on every street corner and none of them paying any property taxes. Some cities are going broke because of them. I think it is time to end Church welfare programs and tax them just like the rest of us. But THIS IS JUST MY OPINION so don't let it get to you.
The funny thing about this is I always though religion was a good thing until I saw the far right following Bush and company and never questioning their criminal activities. This is were you lost me. I always voted strange republican party for 15 years until Bush took office. Every week there's something new in the paper about the far-right getting caught in some type of criminal activities and his 28% really do not care. How can these people still follow The Bush Crime Family?
So you think mankind could not change the earth? Maybe you forgot about the cold war in the 80's. What happen in 1962, Man was about to turn the surface of the earth to dust. Maybe the atom bomb is a smoke and mirrors trick also. Do you think mankind did not change the natural environment already. How long could you live in the environment we left behind in the three atomic bombings in Los Alamos, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki? Yes mankind changed the environment so NO living thing could live there. Who took that away God or man? I know maybe it did not happen it was just a trick.

When bringing up the electric car, I ask not to look at it along party lines, just check it at the door. Watch the movie with an open mind, it will answer most of your questions. Then you can come back and tell me what parts they are lying about.
I guess I forgot about some of the Religious right can not deal with science, in fact they really hate science. :read:

Again how sad for you.

I just ran across these today, pretty funny stuff.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Download/16468/1/TDS-Global-Warming.wmv
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v486036YzAw6eaj
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQapDhGJgA

It's just all smoke and mirrors man, wooo hooo! climate change, bring it on!! Man has had absolutely no effect on the natural environment at all at all at all, period!! God created the earth for us, or at least those of us who are in his own image, right? Therefore it is only god that can take it away, right? We, little ol me and you and everyone else can't change that, right? I just have one question thats been nagging me, if we don't have an impact, why do we recycle? aye? huh?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts