Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a company that makes aftermarket skid/bash plates for the titan, in particular ones for the transmission and transfer case? I have contacted a couple of manufacturers and they said there just wasn't enough demand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes you just have to build it yourself!!!

First Photo shows the wimpy factory plate covering the oil pan. Notice the lack of front diff, transmission and transfer case armor.

Second photo shows what I built. I used 3/16 steel plate cut with a plasma cutter and welded at the joints. The Plates are bolted on with grade 8 bolts at the factory locations.

Third photo shows the plates on the truck.

I still need to do some final grinding and then primer and paint the plates. Overall i'm pleased with how this project turned out. It took all of Saturday and Sunday to build, with most of that time measuring and making wood templates. I held off on making the front skid plate, my plans are to either build a front bumper or purchase an ARB unit, at which time I will fabricate one up to go with the new front end.

Stay tuned my next project is rock sliders...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
That don't look half bad! I agree with you, the factory skid plate is weak, and mine doesn't even cover the oil pan :p I was thinking about doing a full undercarriage wrap in 3/16 mild steel, then have it stick up and out of the sides by the doors to protect the body while offloading :teethmast

1 - 4 of 4 Posts