Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Im looking to buy the 6" RC lift soon after the tax season. I basically want this one because of the price. Possibly adding a 3" BL eventually.

If you got any info for me that I should know before I get this let me know. Also if you got any pics of your rig I would like to see how it looks! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am installing this lift this weekend. I bought it because of the price, the fact that it was the tallest 6 inch lift, and because RoyJl42 was so helpful. His post was very helpful and full of pics. I will be posting pics on Monday after the alignment but before my new tires come in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so 4 wheel parts just told me that they can hook me up with a procomp stage 1 and install for $2100 out the door. They also said I need wheels with at least 4.5" backspacing. Im thinking this is going to run me about another $2k. Theres gotta be a cheaper way right? I know I could just DIY but i would much rather have it professionally installed.

·
Registered
855 Posts
thats not bad at all for the kit and having it installed. i paid $2000 just for the kit from PRG and installed it my self (took a whole weekend with some very fusterating situations) my rims and tires cost me over $4000. so id say thats not bad at all.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would go with the rc lift and do it yourself I sold mine to royjl and just bought it back its a awsome lift and def the talles and easy to install

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just posted pics in the "Titan Spotted" thread of a Titan with the Rough Country 6" lift. It's a good lookin' truck. It does sit higher than any other 6" lift I've seen. That's why I even stopped to look at the truck - to see what kind of kit it had. Procomp lifts are the most popular in my area and I've heard and read that they're great lifts but the RC sits higher than any of those that I've personally seen. If/when I decide to lift my truck, RC will be the kit I choose.

·
Registered
777 Posts
thats not bad at all for the kit and having it installed. i paid $2000 just for the kit from PRG and installed it my self (took a whole weekend with some very fusterating situations) my rims and tires cost me over $4000. so id say thats not bad at all.
$4G's for some XD's and Nitto'[email protected]%$! Are they dipped in gold and blessed by the Pope or something? You can get a nice wheel/tire setup for well under $2G's. I paid $1650 for my wheels and tires mounted and balanced. I have 325/65/18 Terra Grapplers and 18" XD Monsters. You can go with a 20" XD/Nitto Setup from Rimzone for like $1,800-$2,000.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
$4G's for some XD's and Nitto'[email protected]%$! Are they dipped in gold and blessed by the Pope or something? You can get a nice wheel/tire setup for well under $2G's. I paid $1650 for my wheels and tires mounted and balanced. I have 325/65/18 Terra Grapplers and 18" XD Monsters. You can go with a 20" XD/Nitto Setup from Rimzone for like $1,800-$2,000.
maybe he means for everything...... i hope.

·
Registered
855 Posts
$4000 is the best deal i found in my area, im in Canada by the way. sure i found some killer deals in the state but im not gonna pay 800 to have them shipped to me. i paid just over 400 a tire and just over 400 a rim. so the toals was around 3500 before taxes, mounting/balincing fees ect. so giver take a bit.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
ok so 4 wheel parts just told me that they can hook me up with a procomp stage 1 and install for $2100 out the door. They also said I need wheels with at least 4.5" backspacing. Im thinking this is going to run me about another $2k. Theres gotta be a cheaper way right? I know I could just DIY but i would much rather have it professionally installed.
You can run stock wheels with a PC lift, They have a 5.5" backspacing, and a 5.4" on the old OR and XE 17" rims.

But if the RC lift uses the same UCA's as their leveling kit, some 5" or 4.75" backspaced rims might not be a bad idea, because some have had rubbing with wider tires with their UCAs.

4.5" backspacing with a 9" wide rim, will likely cause the rubbing at the pinch weld with 35's, at least with the PC kit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the info. I think im going to go with the PC lift from 4 wheel parts. It may cost slightly more that the RC lift, but it seems like better quality. They will install for 2100 so i think its a prety good deal. just gotta look for some 35's now.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I think im going to go with the PC lift from 4 wheel parts. It may cost slightly more that the RC lift, but it seems like better quality. They will install for 2100 so i think its a prety good deal. just gotta look for some 35's now.
I bought my kit and got it installed by 4wheelparts You wont be disappointed. They usually have pretty good deals on 35" tires too by the way.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know it takes great patience but sometimes 4wheelparts has great deals...like buy the lift and get the install free. Right now they are doing it on the rancho lift but I get flyers in the mail all the time for the pro comp lift install for free. And most of the time they do great deals on tires if you buy pro comp.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
how come i missed this thread...i feel like king polaris getting named and everything haha...o-six....idk bro to me ive owned the rc lift drove on it done offroadin with it no complaints its the same exact setup as the pro comp minus a little half washer that is used in the rear crossmember drop bracket. they are identical. the only diff is the rough country is 2-3 full inches easy taller than the pc stage 1. look at lovehammers red pro4x with the rc 6" and mine its a lot taller and the same quality as the pro comp. you can do what you will but i would def buy another rough country and i will once randy cough cough pays me for it lol...sorry bro i know u ran into trouble wit pay pal...heres a couple shots wit mine on the rc 6". check out rimzoneonline.com i payed 1500 mounted balanced shipped lockin lugz hub centric rings t shirt all kinds of stuff haha there great

1010001215.jpg

1010001215a.jpg

1010001215b.jpg

1010001215c.jpg

P1000009.jpg

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
how come i missed this thread...i feel like king polaris getting named and everything haha...o-six....idk bro to me ive owned the rc lift drove on it done offroadin with it no complaints its the same exact setup as the pro comp minus a little half washer that is used in the rear crossmember drop bracket. they are identical. the only diff is the rough country is 2-3 full inches easy taller than the pc stage 1. look at lovehammers red pro4x with the rc 6" and mine its a lot taller and the same quality as the pro comp. you can do what you will but i would def buy another rough country and i will once randy cough cough pays me for it lol...sorry bro i know u ran into trouble wit pay pal...heres a couple shots wit mine on the rc 6". check out rimzoneonline.com i payed 1500 mounted balanced shipped lockin lugz hub centric rings t shirt all kinds of stuff haha there great

View attachment 115653

View attachment 115654

View attachment 115655

View attachment 115656

View attachment 115657
I do like the look of the RC better....hmmm. How significant is the washer? In the pic with the other T, what does he have.....just a level?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts