Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well first of all i put my money where my mouth is before i researched things lol. My buddy just picked up an 07 duramax with a 4 inch lift on 35s and wants to race me real bad since i totally demolished his 07 f150. i already put a hundred bucks on the race and was wondering if im going to lose my money? my list of mods is in my sig and as for him he has no performance mods yet.:rollingsm

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
well first of all i put my money where my mouth is before i researched things lol. My buddy just picked up an 07 duramax with a 4 inch lift on 35s and wants to race me real bad since i totally demolished his 07 f150. i already put a hundred bucks on the race and was wondering if im going to lose my money? my list of mods is in my sig and as for him he has no performance mods yet.:rollingsm
I would bet on you for sure if it were not for those big arse tires.Put the stockers back on and if he's stock I think you'll win.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I htink you could beat him as is. Takes a while for them turbo's to spool up. Go double or nothing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would put your stocks back on for sure man my boss has one and he just has an exhaust and he gets me off the line, but I catch him around 45. His is an 07 btw. Don't take it lightly

·
Banned
343 Posts
dont even sweat it man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah man you got this race. Most the diesels would get beat by a stock titan so you being not stock and on equal lift and tires you should win.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Trust me on this one. You will not even have to put the pedal all the way down. If he is stock put 500 on it you will absolutly smoke him two ways to sunday! His 6speed tranny shifts way to fast as mine does to. It helps a bit for me to put it in trailer haul mode, where it shifts slower but even with that you will absolutely kill him. If he has a chip forget it he will smoke you.

·
Registered
781 Posts
whats the year of the chevy cause the duramax has bumped up 40 hp and 120tq since 2002 might be some thing to think of

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
whats the year of the chevy cause the duramax has bumped up 40 hp and 120tq since 2002 might be some thing to think of
My 07 Duramax has 365 HP and 660 lbs of torque. But dont let that scare ya, The tranny keeps it all for towing believe me. It is an absolute monster at towing. If the Titan hooks up 5000 lbs and the Duramax 7000. The duramax will leave it in the dust. But empty weight to empty weight the Titan will kill it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Helinut1970 said:
My 07 Duramax has 365 HP and 660 lbs of torque. But dont let that scare ya, The tranny keeps it all for towing believe me. It is an absolute monster at towing. If the Titan hooks up 5000 lbs and the Duramax 7000. The duramax will leave it in the dust. But empty weight to empty weight the Titan will kill it.
i hope your right. ill see if i can get a video of us racing. should be sum time this week.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
i hope your right. ill see if i can get a video of us racing. should be sum time this week.
If you are correct about him haveing a 07 Duramax 2500 with no performance mods then I know Im right! I have one. I got smoked by a durango hemi (4 truck lengths) and my Titan smoked all kinds of durangos.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If he's stock you'll smoke him. With his lift, 35's, and still stock you'll rape him. Try to get him to put more money down and make sure you look over his truck just incase he's "hiding" anything. Not really any need to wory unless he's got a BIG chip. Even when they are chipped the Titan can still hold it's own up to a certain chip level.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just read in the diesel magazine I got yesterday, and at pomona raceway the duramax stock was pulling off 15.4-15.45's out of all 6 runs so good luck

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Just read in the diesel magazine I got yesterday, and at pomona raceway the duramax stock was pulling off 15.4-15.45's out of all 6 runs so good luck
:rofl: :rofl: I would be lucky to see mid 16's!!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
dont worry you got it have fun and dont screw up the launch. My buddy has on, its quick no doubt but takes a while to get going. Diesels get all their power from tuners/chips because they can push tremendous amounts of boost. stock doesnt ppush much at all thats why they benifit so good and companies can advertise so much gains. Enjoy it know before he dumps 5k into it lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
you guys should do it straight up with no weight reduction. He already out weighs you by a **** ton. Also, does your friend know how to race? In other words, you (although very unlikely) are more likely to lose if he spools up the turbo and builds boost from a dig. If he just waits to go then you will own him...bad.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts