Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read many post that some are (per-wired). I have a LE with all options on it everything you can order. Mine did not come with this. I have been told by nissan that my truck did not come with the per wired XM. but they soon WILL! due in part to my lousy sounding radio I was thinking of installing this. So to say that I'm alittle disapionted whould be an understatment! My ? is this dose any body that already has a Titan. DO you have this per-wiring? I'm wondering if they put the WRONG STEREO in my truck if you do. There should be a SAT. Button on your radio to access this. Mine has no such button and in the NAV. there's no set up for this! Dose anybody have this NOW? Thanks for some info on this!
Deepwater

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Deepwater said:
I have read many post that some are (per-wired). I have a LE with all options on it everything you can order. Mine did not come with this. I have been told by nissan that my truck did not come with the per wired XM. but they soon WILL! due in part to my lousy sounding radio I was thinking of installing this. So to say that I'm alittle disapionted whould be an understatment! My ? is this dose any body that already has a Titan. DO you have this per-wiring? I'm wondering if they put the WRONG STEREO in my truck if you do. There should be a SAT. Butten on your radio to access this. Mine has no such butten and in the NAV. there's no set up for this! Dose anybody have this NOW? Thanks for some info on this!
Deepwater
i only have the upgraded 6 disc and it is prewired for xm that is sold at the dealers and mine has the sat button on the display. i have a se cc 4x4 with pop package and utility so i hope you get it straightened out

·
Super Moderator
34,532 Posts
Deepwater:

Mine doesn't have the SAT button either and I got the LE with all the goodies, NAV, DVD, RF w/Captains, etc. Maybe the early ones didn't get this option? :crying: Or maybe we had to ask for it???? I vaguely remember that and I think I said no? Did this happen to you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Regardless of whether or not you have the SAT button, your truck is not pre-wired. I just tried to explain some of the confusion in the "XM radio question" thread.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
got_titan said:
i only have the upgraded 6 disc and it is prewired for xm that is sold at the dealers and mine has the sat button on the display. i have a se cc 4x4 with pop package and utility so i hope you get it straightened out
Thanks for telling me this!!! I have the RF 6 disk changer so I should have this SAT. Button on my Truck! I now think they may have put the WRONG RADIO in my truck!! I hope the wirring is still there for this! And will just have to replace the radio for the one I should of had in the first place! I don't no why I didn't ask this ? alot sooner. Wonder if there are any more mis-builds like this out there? Thanks again!! :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Titanic Tiff said:
Regardless of whether or not you have the SAT button, your truck is not pre-wired. I just tried to explain some of the confusion in the "XM radio question" thread.
Thanks for the info on this in the XM thread.
I do have a ? for ya though. If you do not have this SAT. Button on your radio, can you still install the OEM Satellite kit? and will it work the same with my radio with out this button? Nissan said that if I was ready for XM radio it would appear on my NAV. screen when you roll threw the functions. mine dose not show up. ANY info you can share to clear up my confusion on this whould be great!! Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the sat. button on my stereo but how can I tell if it is pre-wired.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
37L1 said:
Deepwater:

Mine doesn't have the SAT button either and I got the LE with all the goodies, NAV, DVD, RF w/Captains, etc. Maybe the early ones didn't get this option? :crying: Or maybe we had to ask for it???? I vaguely remember that and I think I said no? Did this happen to you?
Well now I'm wondering if only the LE's are not coming with the SAT. radio's. my truck was built in late JAN. so alittle more then a month ago. Hope to here from more people who have the LE's, and if they are like our's. Many Thanks for your info on this! :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Fully loaded and no SAT button. Not sure if I am prewired or not.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
rrumaner said:
Fully loaded and no SAT button. Not sure if I am prewired or not.
rrumaner... I think I'm starting to see a pattern here. It's starting to look like us who have the LE are not getting the SAT. Radio's! I don't understand why, when you buy a truck with everything on it and you are not getting this! :dunno: It seem's like less expensive trucks are coming with it! :huh:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Deepwater said:
rrumaner... I think I'm starting to see a pattern here. It's starting to look like us who have the LE are not getting the SAT. Radio's! I don't understand why, when you buy a truck with everything on it and you are not getting this! It seem's like less expensive trucks are coming with it! :dunno:
I am going to stop in at the dealer Monday and ask about it. If it turns out that we are supposed to have it and just have the wrong radio, I will have them replace it. If not then I guess I will live with what I have until they come up with a way to wire one in.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rrumaner said:
I am going to stop in at the dealer Monday and ask about it. If it turns out that we are supposed to have it and just have the wrong radio, I will have them replace it. If not then I guess I will live with what I have until they come up with a way to wire one in.
I think I'll be doing the same. Let us know what you here on this. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you do not have the SAT button, then you cannot use the OEM kit. If you have the RF radio with the 6 disk changer, then you should have the SAT button along with the AM/FM/CD/AUX buttons just under the display. I have the King Cab LE with RF and I guess it's possibe that some of the early LE's maybe didn't come with this option. I would think that all the LE's came with the same radio that I have. I have attached a pic of my radio for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Trucks with the 6 CD midline radio and/or the Fostgate are supposed to be prewired (you have to buy the receiver and antenna but the harness is ready for it).

There are radios without the SAT button (it might be the ones with the DVD system) the function is bundled with the RADIO button pressing the radio button will cycle through AM - FM - SAT.

I think the manual call this radio "type D"

Mike
rtfm

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Titanic Tiff said:
If you do not have the SAT button, then you cannot use the OEM kit. If you have the RF radio with the 6 disk changer, then you should have the SAT button along with the AM/FM/CD/AUX buttons just under the display. I have the King Cab LE with RF and I guess it's possibe that some of the early LE's maybe didn't come with this option. I would think that all the LE's came with the same radio that I have. I have attached a pic of my radio for comparison.
When was your's built? Mine was built in late JAN. And I pick it up on Feb.10th. I think I must have gotten the wrong radio!! I do have an LE with the RF 6 disk changer also, but no SAT. button! The trucks that are now coming in are just one month ahead in factory built. It's got to be a miss-build. I'm going to look into this further, and hope to get some facts on what the deal is! Thanks very much for the info!!! :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
The manual I downloaded list 4 types of radios, my truck is 12 stories below me so I can't check the paper manual. Your picture is listed as type B having the SAT function within the radio button.

The schematic in the service manual clearly shows the midline and premium systems setup for the XM system

Personally I think the wiring is ready to go, in spite of what "faceplate" I have.

I think i figured out the ABCD mystery code for the midline and preium A=KC w/NAV B=CC w/NAV C=KC No NAV and D=CC No NAV.

Thus I guess no SAT button if you have CC with rear audio/DVD

37L1 said:
Only A,B, C, no D and no SAT button. Cycle only AM or FM no SAT.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
geece1 said:
Trucks with the 6 CD midline radio and/or the Fostgate are supposed to be prewired (you have to buy the receiver and antenna but the harness is ready for it).

There are radios without the SAT button (it might be the ones with the DVD system) the function is bundled with the RADIO button pressing the radio button will cycle through AM - FM - SAT.

I think the manual call this radio "type D"

Mike
rtfm
Thanks for your info! I sat in my truck with the Nissan Tech on the phone and went threw ALL the buttons and it gose from AM/FM/CD/A-B-C/AUG/ DVD/ RV-head phones. We tried holding in the radio button and there is just NO SAT. It dose not come up. In the manual I confermed with Nissan that I have the type B set up. I think I should have gotten the (Type A Radio) with the SAT Button. I think they made a mistake with my truck, But I will find that out soon!! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not sure when mine was built, but I took delivery on Feb. 12th. I'm guessing that it was built sometime in January. I was not aware that there were four different radios being put in, I thought all of the RF radios were the same. I see now that it depends on whether you have the NAV or not.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts