Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is fully loaded so maybe heavier? IDK... but 12.1 everyone else on here seems to be getting a lot better then i am.... i put 22" rims on it.. does that make a difference?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
yes it does... and its because thats what titans get! 12 mpg's... well at least thats what my T's gotten from day 1

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the same truck...08 CC LE .... and I get 12-13 in the city.

It is tad better than my 04, but my 04 was a 4x4 and the 08 is a 4x2.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I can get 20mpg on dialed in at 65mph. :) On the on board computer my average is 13.4 at 30mph.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was getting 12-14 city and 16-18 hwy on my 04 although when I put the tires/wheels 33x12.5 with 20's and the shell it manages 13.xx all the time no matter how I drive it.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
heynow66 said:
it is fully loaded so maybe heavier? IDK... but 12.1 everyone else on here seems to be getting a lot better then i am.... i put 22" rims on it.. does that make a difference?
Tires and wheels do affect gas mileage, along with how long your letting your truck warm up in the mornings, driving habits, winter grade fuel, tire pressure, driving distance and the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Also it doesn't help that its got a mean V8 that loves to just run.

Try and keep your foot off the gas, or if needed use the "2x4 mod" :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
My mileage always drops a few in the winter. I think it may have to do with their winter grade of gas and the fact that I'm always warming it up. I'd say 13 in the winter and around 15 in the summer.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
heynow66 said:
Remember though, a lot of folks here need remedial math classes too! :paranoid: You don't say if it's a 4WD but assuming it is and you have the lower tow/OR gearing, you're about where you'r gonna be for around town use. HWY mileage should be upwards of 17 or so.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I have a 4x2 SE Big Tow, I'm averaging 12MPG right know, Its on par with other full size trucks.

·
Premium Member
58,647 Posts
It'll go up a little in the summer when you get the engine broken in and winter gasoline is gone.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Because it is a "bad mother fo" (edited, of course, but in a Samuel L Jackson voice)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've been averaging 11.4 - 12.75 mpg. per tank of gas. Roughly a 50/50 split between city and highway driving.(much less when playing with the supercharger) Yeah, it hurt's to put $80 worth of fuel in the truck only to get 270 miles from 23 gallons of gas. But it is what it is. "Winter grade"fuel is a freakin' scam!!!:flame:

·
Registered
9 Posts
TYTAIN said:
Tires and wheels do affect gas mileage, along with how long your letting your truck warm up in the mornings, driving habits, winter grade fuel, tire pressure, driving distance and the list goes on and on.

This is the second time I have seen comments on "how long you are letting it warm up". Is it making it worse to let warm up?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Enzonator said:
This is the second time I have seen comments on "how long you are letting it warm up". Is it making it worse to let warm up?

You burn gas while going nowhere. You are getting exactly 0 miles per gallon. Wasted fuel.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts