Nissan Titan Forum banner

Why are 2017 Titans discounted so much (Over $10K)

16K views 55 replies 35 participants last post by  LeaninBack916 
I just picked up my first Titan a couple of days ago...Pro4X...I was car shopping with my mom and the Titan caught my eye!! Honestly dont think I have ever seen the new body style and started purposefully looking for a 2nd gen on the road...Even on a couple hour trip, did not see one of these on the road...Started some internet research and read some of the reviews (some good, some mediocre) but still loved the truck and loved the fact that Nissan was putting up a 5 year, 100K warranty on their truck which none of the other trucks have. The salesman told me that this was the first time that Nissan had offered deep discounts like they currently are ..maybe because they aren't selling well...or just want to make room for the 18's. All I know was I was glad to get 12K off the sticker and pulled the trigger...not so much because of the discount...didn't hurt, but because I wanted something different and not see my truck 10 times on the road on a 5 mile trip...I traded my '13 F-150 Supercrew with Ecoboost that I loved! I also got a great trade in for it, which may or not be the case 4-5 years from now if and when I go to sell or trade my Titan, but right now, I am one happy camper with this truck and hope that it continues to serve my needs and finds more market appeal as I think it is as nice as any truck on the road...I am not brand loyal and have owned Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Ford, Toyota, and now my first Nissan! So far...no regrets!!
That was one of my main ideas for wanting a Titan, not every Tom, ****, and Harry have one. Since I got mine in July, I deliberately look out for them and I have only seen a few older ones. I've posted about this before but there are probably around 20 pick ups at my work; all Sierras, F150s, and Rams. Don't get me wrong, they are all nice, but it's super refreshing to walk out and have something different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.