Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that some used Wheel with Tire sets are being sold without the Tire Pressure Sensors. I have a 2005 Titan XE and would like to buy a set of SE style rims but they are being sold without the tire pressure sensors. Where are these sensors located? Can I remove them from my existing wheel/tire set easily and install them on the set that I am purchasing?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Sometimes the seller has bought aftermarket wheels, transferred the sensors, and sells the OEM wheels without the sensors....

·
Registered
32 Posts
And those suckers are expensive.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
To continue BB's train of thought, the TPMS sensors are part of the valve stem (Notice it's held in place with a nut and isn't rubber). Moving the sensors to new wheels is quite easy.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
You need to buy new nuts and rubber seals for each one. not much, maybe 4 or 5 bucks per set. So have your old ones transferrred and you won't have to bother having them reprogrammed. Sensors list for about $85 each.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
TitanBlue said:
You need to buy new nuts and rubber seals for each one. not much, maybe 4 or 5 bucks per set. So have your old ones transferrred and you won't have to bother having them reprogrammed. Sensors list for about $85 each.
Do you know where online you can get the seals and nuts?

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Check our site sponsor site www.nissanstuffonline.com. They are a dealer in CT, that will ship you anything. Bennett Nissan. Parts Department
(203) 544-8371
978 Danbury Rd.
Wilton, CT 06897

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I believe you can also get them at another site sponsor: The Tire Rack. But I'm not sure you can buy component parts... Just the whole sensor assembly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts